Every once in awhile I ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score

Every once in awhile I have to go to the big city! Today it is to buy a plastic welding gun.

30 minute ferry ride with a good view.

Mt Rainier 14440ft elevation from sea level.

That's a very impressive sight, you live in a beautiful place. After we took the kids for lunch at the Space Needle, we had to take the kids to Mount Rainier to see snow for the first time in July.

While residing in Helena, Montana, we made the trip out to Seattle several times. We took the ferry across Puget Sound on our way out through Port Angeles to the Olympic Peninsula. Absolutely, one of my favorite places.

Bright Raven said:
While residing in Helena, Montana, we made the trip out to Seattle several times. We took the ferry across Puget Sound on our way out through Port Angeles to the Olympic Peninsula. Absolutely, one of my favorite places.

The Olympic peninsula ( Northwestern most point in the United States) is beautiful and the fishing off the coast still isn't bad.

True Grit Farms said:
That's a very impressive sight, you live in a beautiful place. After we took the kids for lunch at the Space Needle, we had to take the kids to Mount Rainier to see snow for the first time in July.

Mt Rainier is Majestic the winter of 1971-72 at Paradise 5400 FT elevation they received 93 1/2 feet of snow or 1122 inches it was a world record. I remember snowmobiling was near impossible.

I was born and raised in Western Washington. Lived there for 66 years. Hunted, fished, hiked, and camped in every corner. It got to the point where I said it was against my religion to go north of the King County line. About 10 years ago I moved that to north of the Nisqually River. Now that I have been gone from the area for a year and a half I wonder how and why I stayed there so long. There are indeed some beautiful places. It is just avoiding the not so beautiful stuff to get to the good ones.

Dave said:
I was born and raised in Western Washington. Lived there for 66 years. Hunted, fished, hiked, and camped in every corner. It got to the point where I said it was against my religion to go north of the King County line. About 10 years ago I moved that to north of the Nisqually River. Now that I have been gone from the area for a year and a half I wonder how and why I stayed there so long. There are indeed some beautiful places. It is just avoiding the not so beautiful stuff to get to the good ones.

It's like that everywhere Dave, consider yourself lucky. Where I grew up hunting and freshwater fishing is now a concrete jungle and most everyone speaks Spanish.

Latest posts