Ethanol

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":2f691xjf said:
TexasBred":2f691xjf said:
Older than we thought.

Not to long after that you did not have premium. You would fill up with ethyl that was the top gas had lead in it.

I remember regular and ethyl....ethyl was very red and high octane.

I've toured our local ethanol plant several times. They always tell the story that Foed designed the first model t to run on ethanol. They said the instructions to make it came with the car. I don't know if the story is true, but they do tell it.

Bigfoot":1nsr9ny8 said:
I've toured our local ethanol plant several times. They always tell the story that Foed designed the first model t to run on ethanol. They said the instructions to make it came with the car. I don't know if the story is true, but they do tell it.

Should have been easy when the demand for moon shine was down.

Those old cars would run on drip (white gas). They were better suited for ethanol.

I knew an old man that worked at a gas plant. He'd bring home two cans of drip gas every night. He kept his cars clean and shiny, and they were really old. Tanks were always full. He would not buy modern cars (in the late 60's and 70's) because they would not run on drip.

TexasBred":1kd0i896 said:
hurleyjd":1kd0i896 said:
TexasBred":1kd0i896 said:
Older than we thought.

Not to long after that you did not have premium. You would fill up with ethyl that was the top gas had lead in it.

I remember regular and ethyl....ethyl was very red and high octane.

Tetra-ethyl lead was a very cheap octane enhancer.

Latest posts