Ethanol, corn prices and whining janitors.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

somn

Reaction score
It has come to my attention that because of the $.51 per gallon blenders tax credit given to oil companies I am being cheated and I feel the need to whine. If my calculations are correct 1 bushel of corn produces 2.87 gallons of ethanol so lets do the math 2.87 x $.51 = $1.46. So know it seems someone other than me can pay $1.46 per bushel more for corn than I can because of a tax credit. If I could pay $1.46 less per bushel on the 164 bushel I feed to each steer I would make $239.44 more per head. Darn it all anyway maybe if I sit on this board all day and whine about it long enough someone will feel sorry for the whining Janitor and myself.

somn":m1dti3kb said:
It has come to my attention that because of the $.51 per gallon blenders tax credit given to oil companies I am being cheated and I feel the need to whine. If my calculations are correct 1 bushel of corn produces 2.87 gallons of ethanol so lets do the math 2.87 x $.51 = $1.46. So know it seems someone other than me can pay $1.46 per bushel more for corn than I can because of a tax credit. If I could pay $1.46 less per bushel on the 164 bushel I feed to each steer I would make $239.44 more per head. Darn it all anyway maybe if I sit on this board all day and whine about it long enough someone will feel sorry for the whining Janitor and myself.

Are the oil company's backing the ethanol plants?

somn":1p2w0fx3 said:
I have no idea nor do I care.

They would be stupid not to be first to the bank when such money was on the table.

somn":3nfv554c said:

Don't know why you need to whine somn, seems to me the janitor is paying your way. He pays taxes and you leach off of the government. You are getting a pretty darn good deal.

backhoeboogie":3i8zaws1 said:
somn":3i8zaws1 said:

Don't know why you need to whine somn, seems to me the janitor is paying your way. He pays taxes and you leach off of the government. You are getting a pretty darn good deal.
Your probably right you and the janitor do a good job of it by yourselves. You both always seem to take the same road. The poor little dirt digger and toilet cleaner who both know less than they think.

backhoeboogie":shhv3wko said:

Please show the link. I missed where he's a leach.

somn":2doxadvd said:
backhoeboogie":2doxadvd said:
somn":2doxadvd said:

Your probably right you and the janitor do a good job of it by yourselves. You both always seem to take the same road.

I am just a hard working American tax payer who has never signed up for a WIC card or a subsidy.

Babies need to be fed. If a single Mom needs WIC to feed a baby, I am all for it. Give that child all the food he needs.

Not one of my ancestors ever took subsidies or any kind of charity. I sure as heck won't be the first.

backhoeboogie":2u4sdh8m said:
I am just a hard working American tax payer who has never signed up for a WIC card or a subsidy.

What is a wic?

Wewild":1437q87v said:
backhoeboogie":1437q87v said:

Please show the link. I missed where he's a leach.

somn and CB went at it a while back. somn can take any good thread and twist it. I'd have to go back and look at the threads to find it. Don't even bother WeWild, its not worth the effort.

backhoeboogie":ez3brjye said:
somn and CB went at it a while back. somn can take any good thread and twist it. I'd have to go back and look at the threads to find it. Don't even bother WeWild, its not worth the effort.

OK. What's a wic.

Women infants and Children.. Kind of a food stamp program for low income families. (Not sure if being married negates the eligability). Limited to certain foods that are often labled WIC approved.

Wewild":3cyukjk2 said:
OK. What's a wic.

WIC is some kind of acronym for welfare.

somn is attacking aplus. Note the title of this thread. I followed it again, this time in the corn thread. This time it was aplus in lieu of CB.

The truth must really hurt.

somn":1t7i70qr said:
wewild did you get a pm from me I sent

yep. I agree with alot. Keep it to your self.

backhoeboogie":12ox56lx said:

somn is attacking aplus.

Thank you.

I saw it that both fired at each other.

Wewild":2prmztcc said:
backhoeboogie":2prmztcc said:

somn is attacking aplus.

Thank you.

Aplus is the only janitor we know in these threads is he not? Did you note the title of this thread? Who put that title in? Seems to me this whole thread was an attack from the get go.

I do thank you folks for taking this off the corn thread. :stop:

backhoeboogie":2oli9r2g said:
Wewild":2oli9r2g said:
backhoeboogie":2oli9r2g said:

somn is attacking aplus.

Thank you.

Aplus is the only janitor we know in these threads is he not? Did you note the title of this thread? Who put that title in? Seems to me this whole thread was an attack from the get go.

I'm good with it. Seems like Somn wanted to air it somewhere other than a 10 page post.

I thought it was one of the best debates I'd seen here until someone called the other a whinner. Do you recall who did it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts