ET Protocol help

Help Support CattleToday:

tnfarmboy67

Reaction score
I'm getting some cows ready for ET and I'm planning on using the 7 day cosync + CIDR to set them up.
My plan Insert CIDR give GnRH, 7 days later pull CIDR and give PG, 60 hours later give GnRH, 7 days later ET.

Will this work?

Um, you need to see a heat. At least for our embryologist. He comes out within 12 hours of the recip standing... so if she stood in the AM, he can come out 12 hours prior up to 12 hours post visual standing heat. There is no need to give the GnRH at standing.... at least we never do.

We have embryos going in next week on Monday night (recips stood Tuesday morning), Thursday morning (recips stood Thursday morning), and Saturday night (recip was standing at 9, and again observed at 4PM).

Your exactly on what I use, put a patch on them just to have an idea. My embryologist wants the gnrh at 60, she checks them all either way, this time put in 2 that didn't show heat but had good cl and both stuck. Stick with what your embryologyst recomends.

bse":maswlojc said:
Your exactly on what I use, put a patch on them just to have an idea. My embryologist wants the gnrh at 60, she checks them all either way, this time put in 2 that didn't show heat but had good cl and both stuck. Stick with what your embryologyst recomends.

BSE we may be using the same embryoloist, is yours from Giles County?

We must not be using the same one. Mine told me I didn't have to give the shot of GnRH at 60 hours.

I would like to hear from some more on here that have set up their cattle of ET.

Id do whatever there protocol would be. In my mind the GNRH makes sense, I do it after breeding, so if I give it, maybe helps form the CL better? Don't know

Latest posts