Equal opportunities III: a little levity

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Figure it's time to bring a little fun to the equal opportunities group. Allow me to introduce this coming 9 month old sow of unknown lineage. I think she has the right humps and rumps in the right places. She is extremely feed efficient. Only fed slops and 4 lbs of grain a day up until the last 30 days where she got about 14 lbs and slops to finish her Up. Those are 2x6's in the background. Except the one 2x4.
Pick her apart because come Monday the butcher will be :mrgreen:

cow pollinater":25hwa5v8 said:
To much white. :D
Whiny today ain'tcha?
Here, this PC enough? (put a little more ear on it too) :banana:
rmsp.jpg

greybeard":1c8k8m42 said:
cow pollinater":1c8k8m42 said:
Whiny today ain'tcha?
rmsp.jpg

:lol: Go read the first few pages of the original equal opportunity thread. Then you'll understand. ;-) My pig is a spot bred back landrace FWIW.

I think you will have some mighty fine eating. Should have enough size and fat to have good flavor. One of those fresh jowls in the skillet would make me smile like a kid at Christmas.

cow pollinater":3mw4do1z said:
greybeard":3mw4do1z said:
cow pollinater":3mw4do1z said:
Whiny today ain'tcha?
rmsp.jpg

:lol: Go read the first few pages of the original equal opportunity thread. Then you'll understand. ;-) My pig is a spot bred back landrace FWIW.
Oh not to worry. I read it all over the last couple of days. An all star cast, 2 years in the making--now showing in a section near you.

There are certainly some interesting comments--as well as some apt analogies that could go along with 'em.

For market she's got good amount of fat, but weak in her hams. For home eating some more fat is needed....cause I love honey cured pork fat! :mrgreen:
I'll guess 225-230 pounds, and around 110-115 hanging, but it's hard to tell.

She'll will get a good washin this morning on the trailer. I'm putting her live weight about 320.

sim.-ang.king":38gd58no said:
For market she's got good amount of fat, but weak in her hams. For home eating some more fat is needed....cause I love honey cured pork fat! :mrgreen:
I'll guess 225-230 pounds, and around 110-115 hanging, but it's hard to tell.

I think she will weigh a bit more than you think. A picture taken that close and aimed down can be deceiving. The ham is low on my list of favorites but she still has plenty. She will make a tasty dweller in the freezer and make a person look forward to raising another,

The closest I've come to home raised hog is blue and gold sausage from FFA- always liked it.
Can you come out much ahead of store bought? Or is it the flavor?

We used to feed our own beef, now we buy a fat calf from the feedlot and have it butchered. Probably money ahead in feed and no risk of death loss- unless I get in a wreck on the way from point a to point b.

Cost me more to raise one than I can buy it for usually. I didn't track this one and she was probably less. Maybe break even but much better fresh flavor

Latest posts