Enough

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Ike a month ago get the fence fixed from all the down trees then tuesday night 6 inches in two hours.
All the crap Ike blew down the creek found when it jumped banks for a 1/4 mile and took out the bottom fences.

It is not the dang fences that have me upset its the dam fire ants I am ate up. They are in every trash pile that has collected on the fences. I have the fence rigged to blow out in three different spots when this happens, just hate working in mud and fireants.

Caustic Burno":kddnugxl said:
It is not the dang fences that have me upset its the dam fire ants I am ate up. They are in every trash pile that has collected on the fences. I have the fence rigged to blow out in three different spots when this happens, just hate working in mud and fireants.

I'm with you. Hate em. I've got about 5 of those little blisters on my hands right now from last weekend.

When it's wet, the fireants are worse than normal. Seems they like to head for the highest ground, and you were it. Nasty little buggers...

CB, if you will take a stick and stir the ant bed then stick a lit cigarette in it upright the ants will blindlessly climb the cig and bite the fire. When the cigarette has burned out, there will be hundreds of the little devils lying dead at its base. Granted it doesn't offer any solution to your problem but it does exact some gratification in the form of vengenance.

Jogeephus":3fr7i9qw said:
CB, if you will take a stick and stir the ant bed then stick a lit cigarette in it upright the ants will blindlessly climb the cig and bite the fire. When the cigarette has burned out, there will be hundreds of the little devils lying dead at its base. Granted it doesn't offer any solution to your problem but it does exact some gratification in the form of vengenance.

ha.. wished I had a fire ant hill around here, so I could try that. But then I would have to borrow a cigarette, and I dont know a smoker that would let me borrow one, with the way the cost of them things are.
CB, those fence problems can be a nightmare thats for sure. Seems like an endless job. Just yesterday I finished setting two wooden posts, and driving 8 T-posts, and stringing some wire across a small creek that runs thru our property, that flooded during those heavy rains a few months ago and it just completely knocked out a whole 20 foot wide section of fencing across that part of the creek. I still gotta go out and tie some concrete blocks to the bottom of the wire in that creek. Its only running about 2 foot deep right now.

ive seen flooded bottom land, where the top of the fences were solid black and thick with thousands of stranded fire ants.. some reason i felt no remorse

We don't have fire ants up here, but I well remember my time in the service down in the SE U.S. where we'd be doing PT and those little buggers would bite your hands and get up your shirt and work their way under your socks!

Was it 5 years ago? Something like that. Anyway, I remember watching a flooded area around Dallas with people trying to wade out. The rescuers told them to get on their houses or on top of something up out of the water because of the fire ants. There was as much concern about people getting swarmed by the dreadful things as there was about the possibility of drowning. People that had been swarmed were going to the hospital and they were in bad shape when they got there.

Alice

Jogeephus":1kwahtmq said:

I just came in from walking with my little dogs. I came across a honking big mound. I'm on my way back with a lit cigarette. Gotta get my kicks somewhere...just as well be watching the little monsters bite it and burn, baby, burn. 8)

Alice

Latest posts