Enough Bull ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Countrygal

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have gotten such great help in the past, I am posting yet another question that I hope you will answer for this beginner.
We have 9 Traveler heifers. They range in age from 2 yrs. 6mo to 17 months. Some of these heifers are pretty tall.
We just purchased a Prime Rate Bull. He is about 18 months. He has a nice square body, nice head, strong hips and back legs, but I am not sure he is tall enough to handle our heifers. We did not realize the difference in size until he was delivered and we were able to compare the heifers and bull. We plan on placing him with our heifers in June .
Will this bull become taller?
How long do bulls continue to grow?
Should we be thinking about getting another bull or will this bull regardless of his current size be ok? His breeding soundness test was 85% normal cells and scrotal , 36.0.

Thanks in advance for your help.
:mrgreen:

he should be big enough to breed the heifers.an he passed his BSE.an he will grow alot more as he ages.

You would be very surprised. With only 9-10 head to breed, he'll find a way. I saw a cow stand downhill for a yearling bull one time. If you have any doubts, give him some Red Bull "It makes you grow wings!"

Latest posts