Enhance...thoughts on your heifer calves from him?

Help Support CattleToday:

hornedfrogbbq

Reaction score
We haven't used Enhance but we have some cover bulls out of Sydenstricker. We've been real happy with them. Enhance has been around a long time...great numbers but i'm not seeing folks raving about his daughters they have in production. He honestly looks more like a GAR bull to me in his back end but we're all about fertility and longevity.

Thanks for any thoughts!!

I saw some Enhance calves a ranch that's tied into to Express and Wilks ranches. The breeder was disappointed he says, "they aren't worth a "be nice" and they weaned 100-200 pounds less than his other calves ."

Seen some et calves out of high profile herd. If that bull jumped the fence in with my cows he would be shot before his nose curled up

I have a few commercial ones and they seem to be alright. Didn't use him in anything purebred. Time will tell at weaning.

Enhance hasn't been around that long, born Jan 2015. First calves were born Jan 2017 at earliest, I don't think he got any widespread use until over a year later. Anyway he first daughters would have calved Jan 2019 and weaned their first calves last month.. alittle early on how the daughters perform.. My first and only calf crop of enhances are due in a month, bought the semen when it was cheaper.

jscunn said:
Enhance hasn't been around that long, born Jan 2015. First calves were born Jan 2017 at earliest, I don't think he got any widespread use until over a year later. Anyway he first daughters would have calved Jan 2019 and weaned their first calves last month.. alittle early on how the daughters perform.. My first and only calf crop of enhances are due in a month, bought the semen when it was cheaper.

Yeah I held off the first year and used him in 18 and will be weaning his first in a couple months may have a commercial bull sold out of him already but I haven't really seen anything special out of him. Got my eye on a couple heifers to put in the replacement pen.
When I originally called down to ask about him they said his dam died suddenly on a trail from bloat or something like that and that's why I held off to see what he would become

I heard the same story on the dam of enhance, never got a chance to see her in person. Enhances sire isn't the best thing on growth, pretty darn good cattle if you are killing on a grid. The enhances I have seen have more growth than his sire. Certainly not extreme growth thou.

Latest posts