Ellingson Dominator W905

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Been flipping around the ABS Simmental & SimAngus Bull Pages and seen that he was $14. Says he's a larger frame bull and wouldn't mind a bit more frame in a CE package. Any knowledge about this bull anybody.

We used him. Got a few good calves out of him. For the price, he is worth the try.

Funny story about him; We had a heifer we were breeding, and I used Ellingson Dominator in the PM. She was still standing (long heat), so we decided to breed her in the AM too just to be safe. As we got her loaded in the chute, another cow got out and was heading toward the highway. In haste, I yelled at the husband to get her bred while I chased the cow down (I run faster! lol). I told him the bull name and the canister it was in. When I got the cow caught and put back, I came over to check on the heifer getting bred. Hubby was just finishing up, when I glanced at the expelled straw. It was a DIFFERENT color! I asked him again, which bull did he use? He replied Dominator, like you said. I asked if he got it from the canister I told him to? "Um, no I looked on the list and pulled it". UGH! We had a second Dominator, HPF Dominator (a red bull) in the tank in a different canister, who was NOT calving ease! He used the wrong bull, on accident. We decided to wait and see if she stuck, which of course she did. So, then we decided to just go with it and watch her at calving time closely. Since one bull was red and the other was homo black, we had a running joke that the calf would have to be DNA'd to determine parentage, UNLESS it was born red. Well, she calved, unassisted, a very nice CHERRY RED bull!!! Obviously, the later AI time was better for her!

Latest posts