Eliminating Poison ivy and other fence troublemakers

Help Support CattleToday:

Cormac

Reaction score
What herbicie or mix of herbicides can I apply to eliminate a sizeable (10-15 foot by 100 foot patch of poison ivy). And what would the mix ratio be? I have a nice old Oak tree right next to this junk so I'd like to leave the tree unaffected. Also not sure of the name but another fence problem is stickers, briers, or whatever they are called. These will grow, attache to fences, climb trees, and create a wall.. I am attempting to reclaim an area. Thanks

I have used a product called Crossbow on my fence lines and it will kill everything. I do have some large shade trees near where I spray and I haven't had any problems. I do try to keep the spray off the trees as much as possible.

Crossbow runs about $60.00 per gallon and I mix 4 oz per gallon of water.

you can always ask your local Ag extension office or a good farm supply center usually can help you out.

2 traetments about 2 weeks apart of roundup or 2,4-d will get the poison ivy. Remedey and water will also. Supposedly theo nly time you can really kill the briars is when they're in full bloom. We've sprayed them all the way from just sprouted to past the berry stage and it seems like no matter what time you do it, some will still survive. Remedy and water is what we've used and been well pleased with the results.
Too lazy to walk down to the chemical locker and check the mix but it's on the labels.

dun

Crossbow is a mixture of 2-4d and remedy. 2-4d gets broad leaves abd remedy gets woody plants. Both are safe around trees but try and not put it on the tree.
As for blackberrys, you have to use remedy to kill them.

Latest posts