electric fence light

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I posted some time back about using a 4' florescent light on my electric fence I just stood on end on bottom strand and used an old piece of water hose around post and bulb and a zip tie between it to hold it in place. I stepped out side a few minutes ago and its still blinking after what I guess is a year.

Deepsouth":quczx3fa said:
M-5":quczx3fa said:
Deepsouth":quczx3fa said:
Your cows afraid of the dark so you rigged them a night light. That's so sweet.
Its in the hog pen smarty pants

So your hogs are afraid of the dark?
They asked for a light. They heard bad things about folks from Mississippi and wanted to be able to see them coming

M-5":3tjulvjx said:
At night u can see it flash , during the day you cant see it . if you touch the bulb it will flash during the daytime. I assume it grounds it .
That, is pretty ingenious.
So, on the lower end, both bulb electrodes are touching the hot wire but nothing touching the electrodes on the opposite (top) end?
The water hose is just to hold it upright?
Would it work the same, done anywhere along the fence?

I've never tried it, but have heard of people that lived near high voltage power lines, and could just walk under them holding a fluorescent lamp and it would illuminate.

tubes_and_pylons_at_dusk.jpg

I never tried it.

M-5":2mylz5k7 said:
They asked for a light. They heard bad things about folks from Mississippi and wanted to be able to see them coming

We don't have to worry about that up here in the arctic, but it would be nice to have some light during those winter days when the sun does not come up.

Latest posts