Efficiency at it's best (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
This probably proves just how red my neck really is but, I don't care at this point.

Can't hardly afford gas for the lawn mower. But I have 2 herfs that are eating hay in the front lot. I fenced off a small section of the yard and they are mowing it for me. It is a win win situation. They mow and fertilize at the same time. Along with aireateing(sp) and selective weed control. I can't loose!! And it keeps folk from stopping in. Horned bull 10 yards from the sidewalk tends to deter visitors!! Yep, that is the kids playhouse behind the bull.
IMG_2056.jpg

Sounds like a plan to me! ;-) Gas up here is back up to almost 3.00/gallon, I can relate!

talk about being cruel to animals!!!!! i am disappointed in ya'all, will be ther in two days to pick up those poor abused :D :D animals!!!
no mower gas used!!
keeps the unwanted guests away!
fertilizer on auto!!
knocking weeds down!
yep i would say it is a win win :D

Wish I had the nerve to try it. Wife would most likely divorce or kill me if I did :D :D :D :D

Angus Guy":zd71c6sx said:
Wish I had the nerve to try it. Wife would most likely divorce or kill me if I did :D :D :D :D

Hubby is at work, he hasn't seen the fence yet. Probably won't till morning when I let them back out in another section. Just like rotational pasture, only it is yard!

certs that saves gas an hay.b/c your feeding them anyway.an they love fresh grass.scott

First of all, that is a good, thick bull.

I've done the same thing off and on for years. In fact, my front fence is barbed wire, and there is a twelve foot livestock type gate at the driveway. ;-)

Great plan...tried it once and thought that I would never hear the end of it. Susie gets real territorial over the front grass, especially the rose bushes...
Nice looking bull....can he come over to play this spring?

Thanks for the compliments on the bull.

Hubby walked in the door about 15 minutes ago yelling. Now he is not talking...must not have liked my idea. :(

OOPS The bed room door has just been slammed. Guess I get the recliner. More comfy any way.

Looks as though the fence comes down. No more efficientally mowing the yard and living to tell about it. :shock:

David, not too many folks around here like horns. As a result, I have several units of semen I can ship you at a discounted price. ;-) But the bull stays here, hehe :)

Certherfbeef, I like your style. I've been consistantly impressed with your posts. Ever thought about moving to Texas? - could always use more right minded folks like yourself.

Good Luck!

I like the bull too. Of couse I would considering the type of cattle that I raise but I've always been partial to horned Herefords as well. I've let a couple of my heifers in the yard from time to time as well. The only thing is that I have to do it when I can stay and watch them. My Longhorns love to run up to the shrubs and trees in the yard and give them a good workout with their horns. A couple of times I've had a young bull or two to get out in the yard and by the time I would find them the shrubbery would like it's been through a tornado. I guess everyone around me thinks I'm a red neck too but I could care less. :)

hehe, hubby is off to work...going out to put the bull in the yard again. hehe

Thanks Conager. And again, I appreicate the compliments on the bull.

Ollie, he has grown up a bit since you saw him...real excited about the upcomming calf crop. Both herfs and reds. Just wish I could fast forward to january and get them here.

Rustler, I have them fenced away from my flowers. Only trees they can get to are locusts and not much can kill them. I'll let him sharpen them horns upon the locusts trees. ;-) Long as he doesn't eat my marigolds.

Nice looking bull, what bloodline is he? registered? Wish my bull looked that good but I am satisfied with the recent calves.JHH

I've grown up with 4 legged lawnmowers my whole life. I have never used a mower that needs gas. It makes no sense to pay to cut the grass when the cows will do it. ;-)

Beefy":lq5svztx said:
what is a sidewalk?

Isn't that when one walks by crossing one foot over the other, thus moving in a lateral direction (and falling on one's face if one is not coordinated)?