Edwards Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
The second day of the Edwards Angus Dispersal is going to be on RFD TV today; 11 Central time.

jscunn":2k8d12jp said:
Frankie,
Did you catch the first day?? Any high sellers? I am stuck at work so I cant watch it :mad:
I am not Frankie, but I think the top cow was at $77,000.00 and 2nd top was around $60,000.00.
The top seller went to Center Ranch, Centerville, Tx.

Just about all their cattle seems to have extremely high tailheads.

jscunn":3leoqs02 said:
Frankie,
Did you catch the first day?? Any high sellers? I am stuck at work so I cant watch it :mad:

Sorry, I was in and out so didn't see about high sellers. Prices seemed to be holding up pretty well all day, though. I'll be about the same today. It's on my TV, but I've got to heat detect and Christmas wrap. Prices on yearling bull calves were very good, I thought.

Was there a reason given for this dispersal or is this another saved heifers and embryos , be back in business next week. :roll:

Three T":2sfymduh said:
Was there a reason given for this dispersal or is this another saved heifers and embryos , be back in business next week. :roll:

I didn't see a reason, but the website says the ranch has been owned by the same family for several generations with another generation coming on. But I don't think they've always been a purbred opration. Maybe someone else knows....

Frankie":2h642xng said:
Three T":2h642xng said:

I didn't see a reason, but the website says the ranch has been owned by the same family for several generations with another generation coming on. But I don't think they've always been a purbred opration. Maybe someone else knows....

Frankie,
Thanks,somebody on here will know.

The owner announced before the sale that they went through some problems with another business and had to make some tough decisions. But he made is clear that he did not go bankrupt. Just some troubles. I think he will be back from the sounds of it in a few years though.

The highest seller I saw was Lot #2 she went full interest for $95,000 and lot #1 went half interst for somewhere in the 50 or 60 thousands I can't remember now. I'm mean whats the difference in $10,000 right???

Seems to be two stories. One is a plane crash has put a bind on the company and the other is that the ongoing fuel cost has drained the airline of its cash reserves and thus the cattle sale. Whatever the real story may be it does seem that the air business has forced them to liquidate their ranch and cattle holdings. Sad deal. Hope it all works out for them.

grumpy":2n7eqtk1 said:
Seems to be two stories. One is a plane crash has put a bind on the company and the other is that the ongoing fuel cost has drained the airline of its cash reserves and thus the cattle sale. Whatever the real story may be it does seem that the air business has forced them to liquidate their ranch and cattle holdings. Sad deal. Hope it all works out for them.
Which airline?

The Cliff Edwards family owns the ranch along with Edwards Air Service. It is just a small airline out of Billings and Kalispell I believe. From what I understand they will not be in the cattle business in the near future. They are also planning on selling the ranches also. Cliff Edwards is also an attorney so he has more than one way to make a buck.

dcara":2e4fmtaj said:
This is the first I hear about the sale. Where was it advertised?

I think mostly in Angus circles: Angus Journal, Angus beef bulletin, Angus e-list, etc. There may have been an ad in my state cowman's magazine, too?

I have been to Edwards ranch 3 times. Fly into Billings and there is Edwards Air at the airport which seems to be a corporate jet co. He is an attorney and I think him or his brother owns the bank in town. His facility is fantastic and spent millions on cows. Haven't been there in 2 years, so don't know what has happened. His heart was in the cows and only wanted the top pedigrees. Needed some phenotype though. Too bad about the dispersal. Take Care, Sterlingbp

$8000. I talked to a guy who was there and he said his feet were starting to rock. He did not think he would hold up to breed cows naturally for too much longer or he would have bought him. He liked his calves though.

Latest posts