Economic stimulus

Help Support CattleToday:

Got one request. I know it will be a wasting valuable mason jar space, but fill one of them with Georgian rain water. I want to try planting the Georgian variety as the Texan variety doesn't seem to grow well anymore (dry root fugus or something). Shoot, on the way over, each time one of them jars comes up empty just go ahead and fill it with whatever variety is available at the time. Maybe we could come up with a good high-bred type that will make 1/10 as wet as and inch. :shock:

1982vett":1znbj63s said:
Lammie":1znbj63s said:
Well, there's no reason to retire at sixty. Still plenty of life in a sixty year old. Heck, my dad was nearly that old when I graduated from high school. I never thought of him as old at sixty. And what the heck would he do besides muck things up around the house? When he worked from home he could hardly get anything done because of his buddies stopping by to chat. I told him to put them to work and they'd go away. Drunk old codgers coming by at noon to see what he was doing.

"Working!! Go away!"
I can agree with that. But I can tell you it is/or would be nice for most people to be able to change careers or look at the purpose of their job differently. Changing from a stressful demanding job that is needed to pay all the bills and wants to one that might pay less but be more enjoyable, less demanding or stressful could make life more enjoyable for many.

I agree. Retirement should mean doing what you want to do instead of what you have to do. It takes money to do the things you want to do, though, even if you make a little money in the process. You can only earn, what, 8K a year on social security? My dad used to do some carpenter work here and there to make a little extra, and he put some of his commercial janitorial business in Mom's name because she was 7 years younger than he and not on SS yet. Dad pretty much had to give up his regular job because he hurt his back.

ChrisB":1h7vqneb said:
I wouldn't pull any money out of a 401K plan now. Things will come back around we just don't know when. Now is the time to invest as much as you can since stock prices are down. When things do start to recover you will be in a very good position to make a lot of money.

If you need money to keep you house that is one thing, but pulley money out when things have hit rock bottom will hurt you in the future. We all talk about buying low and selling high to make money with cattle; the same can be said with the stock market. Now is the time to invest.

We didn't pull money out, but rather we just changed our contribution for a while. When things pick up he can increase it again to the maximum, where it was. We just keep losing money on it right now. I would rather have that extra money in the paycheck rather than lose half of it like he did last year. He77, there won't be any to lose if it keeps up like this.

I sure do hope social security is still around when we get old. We're gonna need it. :cry2:

Latest posts