stimulus

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Us vs. them mentality.

Us- the ones who do not loot businesses and destroy the property of others.

Them- those that do.

Clear now?

The same could be said for us-the ones that do not murder helpless black people them-the ones that do. Of course, I don't believe this, but that is the mentality of those arguments. Turn off Fox news for a while and open your eyes.

You forgot shyster lawyers.
I have heard a few exist :tiphat:

sstterry said:
haase said:
Meant to say, don't start it if you can't finish it, not suppose to talk politics, and I've never started one, always the same people, but they always end up getting their feelings hurt, then don't start it, pretty simple.

This is typical myopic thought from those that can' make an argument. What exactly does "your people" mean. Are you talking about the White Supremacists that have traveled in or the Antifa Groups? Or is it simply someone that has a different point of view than you?
I challenge you to prove exactly which group or both of them is starting the violence. You can't. In fact, the arrest records show that Minneapolis Arrests Are Mostly In-State Residents and not from out of state groups. https://lawandcrime.com/george-floy...residents-despite-bipartisan-official-claims/

The whole point is that there is a real problem in this country and we as a nation need to be addressing the root cause and not all of the finger-pointing and name-calling that some like to do. One of the big problems is the us vs them mentality that is pushed by certain politicians and alleged news outlets. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe other views may have legitimacy too.
Last night in Minneapolis not one arrested was from the state, anifa groups and others have came into destroy properties and think they have a free pass, can't make a argument, if you say so, was about turning threads into political bs, you must have missed that, but who cares.

haase said:
Last night in Minneapolis not one arrested was from the state, anifa groups and others have came into destroy properties and think they have a free pass, can't make a argument, if you say so, was about turning threads into political bs, you must have missed that, but who cares.

I will stand corrected on the number of out of state protestors. https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-30-20/h_e6f63073bf3bc0bb6619f57c292c6bdc.

But you do not know that it is Antifa or some White Supremacy Group. I do know that there is video of white men breaking windows and then walking away.

What set me off was the comment "your people" what did you mean?

sstterry said:
haase said:

I will stand corrected on the number of out of state protestors. https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-30-20/h_e6f63073bf3bc0bb6619f57c292c6bdc.

But you do not know that it is Antifa or some White Supremacy Group. I do know that there is video of white men breaking windows and then walking away.

my comment dad do do with someone saying how liberal they are and how other conservatives on this board changed to being liberals are spending their checks, also starting a thread about covid 19 and pulling their initial remark which had nothing to do with covid, just had to do with the potus, so he must be representing his people, if not why make political remarks on a board that doesn't allow that, as far as this bs that's going on now, has nothing to do with the person that lost his life, the thought of him is lost in a bunch of bs.

haase said:
sstterry said:
haase said:

my comment dad do do with someone saying how liberal they are and how other conservatives on this board changed to being liberals are spending their checks, also starting a thread about covid 19 and pulling their initial remark which had nothing to do with covid, just had to do with the potus, so he must be representing his people, if not why make political remarks on a board that doesn't allow that, as far as this bs that's going on now, has nothing to do with the person that lost his life, the thought of him is lost in a bunch of bs.

Then maybe there was a misunderstanding on my part, if there was, I apologize.

haase said:
sstterry said:
haase said:

First I did not remove the post I made because I had no way to do it. You think that I can set in my little room in front of my computer in my small world and have the power to change anything then you are wrong. I only have one vote in this big country we call America. I have been accused of many things on this board and everyone that did it got away with it. Yes I may look at the world with rose colored glasses as I have been accused of. But in my opinion and that is the only one that matters to me then I will say that I think and my rose colored glasses are to correct my vision to 20/20 so I can see things as they are. There are things that are wrong in America and you and I cannot change them try as we might. My original post that you accuse me of removing stated the virus and our leader has been mutating along with each since the Covid 19 came on the scene. The point I was making that I would keep the stimulus to help pay my income taxes for 2019 as the date has been moved forward because of the Covid 19 response. You and I have different opinions on what is going on and that is your right as is mine to see it my way. So I will apologize to you and hope everyone can keep their political and religious thoughts to themselves. So be it.

I am conservative but I am keeping any stimulus money and any other money the government throws away.
To not accept it does absolutely nothing to solve the national debt problem or anything else.
To me it is the same as walking down the sidewalk and seeing a $20 bill laying on the sidewalk. I am going to pick it up and look to see if I can tell who might have dropped it and return it to them.

If I don't see anybody and have no way to find the owner I am going to keep it.
Even though it is not mine and I didn't earn it there is no sense in throwing it back down and walking away. That would not accomplish anything.

PS. I may not agree with everything Hurley says but he has been around and posting for a long time.
I sure don't see any coward in him.

sstterry said:
BigBear56 said:
Explain to me how you would go about changing the current situation? I agree no one, regardless of race, should be treated like George Floyd. He was fully restrained and had 3 officers on has back.

But are you gonna legislate racism? How can you do that? Racism will NEVER go away no matter what laws you pass. There will always be good cops and bad cops, good people and bad people.

My wife brought up a great point last night as we watched our nation burn. Look at what the LGBT community has accomplished in regards to legislation that favors their cause. Never saw 1 riot. No looting. Just reform. I don't agree with this lifestyle but as long as they don't rub it in my face I don't care. Point is they made change the right way. Same way MLK did. He never burned down a Target store....

I am not saying that I have the solution, but if we stopped finger-pointing and name-calling and decided to work together to find a solution, I am sure it can be done. There are lots of European Countries that don't have this problem.

I am tired of the whole us vs them argument from both sides. In my mind, we are all Americans (apologies to my Canadian, Australian, Mexican, and South African friends on here).

Looks like racism is a worldwide issue.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/protests-around-the-world-george-floyd-death-international-sympathy-and-scorn-today-2020-06-01/