stimulus

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd said:
I am sure that you folks on here really expected me to go for the stimulus as I am very liberal. But was really surprised at the number of liberals that was ounce conservative on this board that are receiving the money and keeping it. What will I do with mine I will deposit it in savings and check it out and add some to it to pay the 2019 income tax. Money really changes peoples mind.

I haven't seen anything in print from govt or anyone else giving instructions on what to do with it IF you did NOT want it. The idea behind the entire thing was to "blow it" needlessly whether you needed it not just to stimulate the economy in some small way, not rathole it. I have no idea where mine went. I'm sure the wife could tell you. :lol2: :lol2:

hurleyjd said:
slick4591 said:
I've heard several times there were ways to have the cash amount deposited to the bank. I don't have mine so I haven't looked into it.

You can go on to the IRS website and open the area that says where is my check. Fill out the information and it will tell you if you are eligible. Then you can add your bank routing number and they will direct deposit. If you had received a income tax refund and had it direct deposited then you need to do nothing.

You can't do that anymore. They are no longer direct depositing, only issuing checks and debit cards now.

hurleyjd said:
I am sure that you folks on here really expected me to go for the stimulus as I am very liberal. But was really surprised at the number of liberals that was ounce conservative on this board that are receiving the money and keeping it. What will I do with mine I will deposit it in savings and check it out and add some to it to pay the 2019 income tax. Money really changes peoples mind.
nobody cares what you or your liberal friends do with your check, it isn't enough to matter, except to those are deemed unnecessary, which is the label that your people put on them.

hurleyjd said:
really good that the number of conservatives on this board that obviously changed to you're people, you should be proud, were watching your people in these riots that have nothing to do with what's going on but will come into these cities and destroy everything and nothing to do with the cause, sad but there your people, like the thread you started on covid and made your statement and retracted it, like most cowards do, must be nice to try and push the limits on a board were politics are not allowed.

haase said:
hurleyjd said:
really good that the number of conservatives on this board that obviously changed to you're people, you should be proud, were watching your people in these riots that have nothing to do with what's going on but will come into these cities and destroy everything and nothing to do with the cause, sad but there your people, like the thread you started on covid and made your statement and retracted it, like most cowards do, must be nice to try and push the limits on a board were politics are not allowed.

This is not called for! I was wondering how long it would take!!

sstterry said:
haase said:
hurleyjd said:

This is not called for! I was wondering how long it would take!!
Then don't something you can't finish, it's supposed to be non political, look at the source, not hard to figure out.

Meant to say, don't start it if you can't finish it, not suppose to talk politics, and I've never started one, always the same people, but they always end up getting their feelings hurt, then don't start it, pretty simple.

haase said:
Meant to say, don't start it if you can't finish it, not suppose to talk politics, and I've never started one, always the same people, but they always end up getting their feelings hurt, then don't start it, pretty simple.

This is typical myopic thought from those that can' make an argument. What exactly does "your people" mean. Are you talking about the White Supremacists that have traveled in or the Antifa Groups? Or is it simply someone that has a different point of view than you?
I challenge you to prove exactly which group or both of them is starting the violence. You can't. In fact, the arrest records show that Minneapolis Arrests Are Mostly In-State Residents and not from out of state groups. https://lawandcrime.com/george-floy...residents-despite-bipartisan-official-claims/

The whole point is that there is a real problem in this country and we as a nation need to be addressing the root cause and not all of the finger-pointing and name-calling that some like to do. One of the big problems is the us vs them mentality that is pushed by certain politicians and alleged news outlets. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe other views may have legitimacy too.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Us vs. them mentality.

Us- the ones who do not loot businesses and destroy the property of others.

Them- those that do.

Clear now?

The same could be said for us-the ones that do not murder helpless black people them-the ones that do. Of course, I don't believe this, but that is the mentality of those arguments. Turn off Fox news for a while and open your eyes.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Us vs. them mentality.

Them- those that do.

Clear now?

The same could be said for us-the ones that do not murder helpless black people them-the ones that do. Of course, I don't believe this, but that is the mentality of those arguments. Turn off Fox news for a while and open your eyes.

I'm not in favor of innocent people being murdered regardless of race.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Us vs. them mentality.

Them- those that do.

Clear now?

I'm not in favor of innocent people being murdered regardless of race.

I know you are not and no one on here is in favor of looting either. That is the whole point of the problem with someone saying "your people".

I simply defined "us" and "them" to clear up any confusion. There are no boundaries based on ethnicity to belonging to either group. Good and bad in both. The President explained that in Charlottesville for those who paid attention.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Us vs. them mentality.

Them- those that do.

Clear now?

Explain to me how you would go about changing the current situation? I agree no one, regardless of race, should be treated like George Floyd. He was fully restrained and had 3 officers on has back.

But are you gonna legislate racism? How can you do that? Racism will NEVER go away no matter what laws you pass. There will always be good cops and bad cops, good people and bad people.

My wife brought up a great point last night as we watched our nation burn. Look at what the LGBT community has accomplished in regards to legislation that favors their cause. Never saw 1 riot. No looting. Just reform. I don't agree with this lifestyle but as long as they don't rub it in my face I don't care. Point is they made change the right way. Same way MLK did. He never burned down a Target store....

BigBear56 said:
Explain to me how you would go about changing the current situation? I agree no one, regardless of race, should be treated like George Floyd. He was fully restrained and had 3 officers on has back.

But are you gonna legislate racism? How can you do that? Racism will NEVER go away no matter what laws you pass. There will always be good cops and bad cops, good people and bad people.

My wife brought up a great point last night as we watched our nation burn. Look at what the LGBT community has accomplished in regards to legislation that favors their cause. Never saw 1 riot. No looting. Just reform. I don't agree with this lifestyle but as long as they don't rub it in my face I don't care. Point is they made change the right way. Same way MLK did. He never burned down a Target store....

I am not saying that I have the solution, but if we stopped finger-pointing and name-calling and decided to work together to find a solution, I am sure it can be done. There are lots of European Countries that don't have this problem.

I am tired of the whole us vs them argument from both sides. In my mind, we are all Americans (apologies to my Canadian, Australian, Mexican, and South African friends on here).

BigBear56 said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Us vs. them mentality.

Them- those that do.

Clear now?

The LGBT community had a distinct advantage to breaking down those barriers in that LGBT individuals were already present and accepted in every community. It's hard to maintain a hard-line stance against LGBT people when respected community members, friends, or family start coming out of the closet. I know a couple who wouldn't have let a gay person in their home 20 years ago, but now they're thrilled every time their daughter comes to visit with her wife and the grandchildren.

You can't legislate racism away, but we can start by holding racists accountable for the crimes that they commit. Were all four of the cops present at Floyd's murder racists? I hope not, but 3 of them definitely stood by, complicit, while an act of brutality was committed. That's the problem with our police forces, and society in general. We are too passive about confronting racism and stopping it when we see it, because it doesn't personally effect us. Have you ever heard a person make a racist comment, or use a slur, and just let it slide because you didn't want to make a big deal out of it? I'm guilty of that, as I imagine most of us are. We need to be better. If we tolerate those things because we don't think it's a big deal, we're providing cover for some of the truly hateful and awful people out there.

There have been peaceful protests going on for a long time. Kaepernick took a knee to peacefully oppose police brutality, and people called him disrespectful. Black Lives Matter blocked traffic, and people complained about them being disruptive and hating police. This has been coming to a head for a long time, and it's not going to get better until people start paying attention and doing something about it.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Does "Criminals vs. Law Abiding Citizens" work better?

That works for me as long as it includes everyone; including insider trading politicians, politicians that have broken the law, cops that think they are above being prosecuted, looters, and those that cause property damage.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Us vs. them mentality.

Them- those that do.

Clear now?

You forgot shyster lawyers.

Latest posts