EBT

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":28cv5tef said:
Bright Raven":28cv5tef said:
Jogeephus":28cv5tef said:
The biggest problem I see is many of the poor people who cannot afford to feed themselves have numerous children and expect those with jobs to support them. If your neighbor had more dogs than he could afford to feed I'm sure everyone would be upset and think him cruel but when it comes to people the breeder is rewarded even though the children go neglected. I think this is cruel.

Joe, you are in danger of being cast into the lake of fire. These fine folks are only following scripture:

"Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the ...

Those are wise words and it is my understanding that you should be fruitful as in produce something with your talents THEN and only then should you multiply. What also goes along with this is the command that you should WORK six days and rest on the seventh. And there is another that says, "for even when I was with you those that did not work did not eat".

Whether my beliefs are right or wrong I think its obvious we have filled the earth and have dominion over it so now its time to keep the thing socked or in your britches and stop spitting out babies you can't feed. Simply put, if you can't feed them don't breed them. Works for livestock so I don't see why it work well with people since we are all animals granted some more so than others.

It could only be accomplished by sterilization of women. BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS ME. NO I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS.

Bright Raven":19s6sr0p said:
It could only be accomplished by sterilization of women. BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS ME. NO I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS.

If you are in a habit of making comments like that I might suggest you might want to reconsider going to ball practice. Just saying. ;-)

Jogeephus":3ho6lfzn said:
Bright Raven":3ho6lfzn said:

If you are in a habit of making comments like that I might suggest you might want to reconsider going to ball practice. Just saying. ;-)

The urge to reproduce is a defining behavioral quality of biological units. You might as well try to stop the earth from rotating on its axis.

Bright Raven":1lln3xwe said:
Jogeephus":1lln3xwe said:
Bright Raven":1lln3xwe said:

The urge to reproduce is a defining behavioral quality of biological units. You might as well try to stop the earth from rotating on its axis.

Maybe its just me but when I found out I was fixing to be a daddy I was not only thrilled but I was also terrified. Though we were trying and I knew it would be inevitable but when I learned it was definite I was scared to death because I was taking on the responsibility for another life and wondered if I was up for the task. This was sobering and forced me to do a lot of soul searching. I just can't see how someone who can't feed and care for one child can even consider having more. But like I say, maybe its just me.

hurleyjd":19t2ryxk said:
Cross-7":19t2ryxk said:
A family member retired from TXDOT and they begged him to come back to work and straighten things out.
Tgey pay 16.00 an hour starting out with raises each year, all government Holliday's, two weeks vacation, insurance and retirement plan.
He said he can't hire anyone.
They all claim 16.00 inst enough.
IMO 16.00 an hour in west Texas you can make a living, it's not a great living but for a young starting out it'd be a good career.
The guy I'm talking about retired at 49 with full pension and paid insurance.
Everyone wants to walk in the door they throw money at them and not have to do any physical work

You do not see the problem with the 49 year old with a full pension. This is what is breaking most of the cities budgets. This Young pensioned person will take a job from a young person needing it to feed his family and then work and pay into SS and become a double dipper. I would really hate to live in a world you guys would run. If you got rid of every one on welfare and all of the poor people you folks would not have any where to spend Gods ten percent tax that is used to build building that are so yuge that God would get lost in them. Most places that people live and have to rent have to pay over half of their take home for rent.
Wrong again Mr. Liberal. He's not double dipping. That FICA check he'll be getting is money withheld from his check. He's simply getting back what's his along with what it's earned. Given the option bet he would rather invest it in the stock market and make a he// of a lot more than in the FICA fund. If he does the double dipping you call it he's simply getting his own money back both from his pension fund and his FICA fund. Never begrudge him that right and learn to appreciate a hard working man.. As for God's 10% we can cuss and discuss that all day. Not given for the right reason you might as well use it for fence, whiskey and wimmen.

Cross-7":2afxerl3 said:
hurleyjd":2afxerl3 said:
Cross-7":2afxerl3 said:
A family member retired from TXDOT and they begged him to come back to work and straighten things out.
Tgey pay 16.00 an hour starting out with raises each year, all government Holliday's, two weeks vacation, insurance and retirement plan.
IMO 16.00 an hour in west Texas you can make a living, it's not a great living but for a young starting out it'd be a good career.
Everyone wants to walk in the door they throw money at them and not have to do any physical work

You do not see the problem with the 49 year old with a full pension. This is what is breaking most of the cities budgets. This Young pensioned person will take a job from a young person needing it to feed his family and then work and pay into SS and become a double dipper. I would really hate to live in a world you guys would run. If you got rid of every one on welfare and all of the poor people you folks would not have any where to spend Gods ten percent tax that is used to build building that are so yuge that God would get lost in them. Most places that people live and have to rent have to pay over half of their take home for rent.

I don't know the economics of the state of Texas and it doesn't matter whether it's right wrong.
That's what it is
30 years of service whether tou start at 18 or 30
Do your 30 years and retire
Most use the rule of 60....age + years of service must add up to 60.

Jogeephus":32bdkekd said:
Bright Raven":32bdkekd said:
Jogeephus":32bdkekd said:

Maybe its just me but when I found out I was fixing to be a daddy I was not only thrilled but I was also terrified. Though we were trying and I knew it would be inevitable but when I learned it was definite I was scared to death because I was taking on the responsibility for another life and wondered if I was up for the task. This was sobering and forced me to do a lot of soul searching. I just can't see how someone who can't feed and care for one child can even consider having more. But like I say, maybe its just me.

Others share your philosophy but others do not, Joe. You can measure others by your values but not realistic to think we all share the same values. And why should We? We are all different beyond a certain point.

TexasBred":u1j4pthd said:
Bestoutwest":u1j4pthd said:
5) The lack of nutritional value of almost any meal that is purchased outside of the home.

You might want to delete that one. Most of what you call "junk" is very high in calories and energy. Why do you think so dam many of them are FAT !!!

It's not just that. Nuts are a great source of fat and calories, and eaten appropriately, they are a great addition to a diet. The problem is that people overeat. The portions that they are fed are good enough for 2 meals at least. No one needs a 16 oz steak, baked potato, corn, 2 rolls, etc. for dinner, but people eat it. Also, food is being engineered to be addictive (per Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Morris) compelling people to eat the entire bag instead of a serving. If you've ever seen the movie Wall-e you'll know where we're headed.....

I get attacked by the "pension haters" pretty regular. It's my money, I'm just getting it back. If I had saved the same amount tax deferred, I'd have way more to draw. People immediately want to get defensive, and think they are paying for it in my case, that's far from the truth.

Jogeephus":qtudobq1 said:

When I do an exam I see the person's insurance. What kills me are the stay-at-home moms with 6 kids (and some of the time only 1 or 2 are left at home AND in high school) who are on Medicaid. What I've learned is that God will provide, and what he doesn't the state and it's taxpayers sure will.

And everyone complaining about food stamps being the drain on society, you haven't seen anything yet if you haven't seen how much money is wasted on medical visits.

Cross-7":1wrgf84o said:

They ain't living around Midland or Odessa making that amount. Cheapest rent I found was 1500 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. 16 barely even pays the rent.

ddd75":k5otbhix said:
wacocowboy":k5otbhix said:
I am also ok with taking away the right to vote from people on welfare. The only thing they will vote for is for someone that will give them the same or more money.

i agree.. they are putting out "income based" levies left and right around here.

well.. if you don't make an income.. i don't think you can vote on an income based levy.

Some days I feel like the takers are running this country while the payers are treated like crap. Payers go to work, pay taxes, take drug test, bust our butts just to come home to tired to do anything. Takers sit around sleep, eat, do drugs and make babies. A lot of politicians seem to work for the takers.

I am a single mother. Yes, way past the age at 63 now. I was married, had my son and then got divorced several years later. I DID NOT have anymore because I could not afford them on MY PAY, and did not think it right to bring a "BAST#@D" into this world. No marriage, no child. Yes accidents/mistakes do happen. My son was an accident as I was on birth control, but I was married so okay, done deal. I do not condemn someone from having a child outside of marriage, it happens....ONCE.....I do not say that someone should not get help on occasion. But my belief is , gov't help for a single parent with one child, I will allow for a SECOND " OOPS", mistake. Then no more. Sew it closed or cut it off. No more support after the MAXIMUM of 2. I agree that REQUIRED sterilization for "welfare" benefits after the 2 maximum.
Drug tests by hair folicule or by on site peeing in a cup at the office....or some other way to insure that it is legit. Only food that is on a "grocery list". And work for the "welfare". Be it women working in a school while the kids are in class so no need for babysitters at crazy hours cancelling.... or at whatever job they want as long as they work. Same for men. Does not have to be hard physical work so the ones with "MEDICAL ISSUES" cannot cry about how they can't do it. There is no pride in taking care of yourself and your family. No work, no food for adults. No I don't want to make the kids starve. But they need to be monitored and the kids put into a healthy environment so they will prefer to be there. We provide all these after school and other "safe places" so then feed the kids there, don't give the parents the means to rip off the system any worse than they already do.

I know it would not be perfect and that there are a gazillion ways to get around things. But we have got to stop it somewhere somehow.

And if there is a man in the relationship to conceive these kids (guess they still do that the old fashioned way), then he HAS to marry her or at least (know 2 cases very well and I nearly came to blows with one about how I was tired of paying for his medical expenses) take financial responsibility instead of them living together and the state/gov't paying for all her expenses while he is right there. Seen it in too many cases. My money is going to help them have these kids with no cost or sacrifice to themselves. I hate that as much as anything. And was actually told that it wasn't my money but the state was giving them the check....they didn't get that my money was paying towards it through my taxes....

In Va it has to add up to 80, I am pretty sure...age and years of service....my son has 12 more years I think he said; he is 43 ... will be 55 with 25 yrs service at VDOT. And he has worked with the idiot public and will deserve all the pension and retirement he gets. If he had gone there right out of school would have been able to retire at 50 maybe?

I believe it is Denmark or Norway that gives a single mother a certain amount of cash for the first child. I think around equivalent of $1500. In other words not very much. If they have another they get zero.

Missouri teachers pension is awesome....30 years or rule of 80 and they can retire.

I think they should drug test if you want gov't help.

my 2 cents.

Bright Raven":g5i65deu said:
Jogeephus":g5i65deu said:
Bright Raven":g5i65deu said:

Others share your philosophy but others do not, Joe. You can measure others by your values but not realistic to think we all share the same values. And why should We? We are all different beyond a certain point.

I don't expect others to share my values the only thing is if you make poor choices in life I don't think the government should make me pay for your poor decisions. I could care less what someone else does as long as they are not affecting me.

Also, I do believe in helping people and in that respect I think it is unfair to those who truly need help to be cheated by those who are playing the system. There is a guy here that works for UPS, whose wife, (not legally), stays at home and they have four children and she benefits and gets free healthcare while they live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the county and drive fancy cars. I don't believe I should be forced to fund this kind of stuff. Its wrong but no one seems to care.

EBT / free phones / etc. isn't even the problem.

90% of the these people are getting paid by social security cash money every month instantly. All their kids are on it as well. Last week I had a young couple wanting to rent a house from me they made 1850.00 between the 3 of them (boyfriend, girlfriend, and 3 year old boy who pissed on my floor since he didn't have a diaper on). I've seen 1000 others just like them trying to rent from me. some of these families are making 2700 a month on SS.. get the EBT of over 1k. free phones. and then they get housing paid for.. it doesn't even need to be low income housing or anything.. they can rent ANY house they want.. Just an example.. In one county I have houses for a 3 bedroom home they will pay 1600.00 / month rent. In this county that will get you practically a brand new house.

I've also seen a lot of them being built brand new houses. Some newer ones I saw had solar panels on them even. They have to pay a percentage of the house in that deal though.

So most of these families are making over 2k with SS. Free housing. Electric and Gas are either subsidised to 80% off or completely free. 1500'ish in free groceries for the month (They don't have to spend it all , it keeps adding every month) Free phones.

I see it .. EVERYDAY, so don't say its BS.

Jogeephus":1289q9oe said:
I don't expect others to share my values the only thing is if you make poor choices in life I don't think the government should make me pay for your poor decisions. I could care less what someone else does as long as they are not affecting me.

Also, I do believe in helping people and in that respect I think it is unfair to those who truly need help to be cheated by those who are playing the system. There is a guy here that works for UPS, whose wife, (not legally), stays at home and they have four children and she benefits and gets free healthcare while they live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the county and drive fancy cars. I don't believe I should be forced to fund this kind of stuff. Its wrong but no one seems to care.

People care. Other posters on this forum express concerns about the welfare state as it is. What you mean is that there is nothing being done to stop those who take advantage of the system. The solution is always an issue in itself. It would require increasing the staff of Health and Human Services to investigate and regulate all the potential unfair practices that go on.

For decades there has been a growing bitterness about welfare practices and government in general. Nearly everyday, there is a thread on this forum expressing frustration and bitterness about government - The EPA, Welfare, taxes, etc. The recent Presidential election reflected that bitterness and frustration. I understand that. But after a while it just becomes whining and I bet everyone thinks that gets old. Maybe this president can fix it. But rationally, I don't think you are holding your breath.

Bestoutwest":19eika78 said:
TexasBred":19eika78 said:
Bestoutwest":19eika78 said:
5) The lack of nutritional value of almost any meal that is purchased outside of the home.

You might want to delete that one. Most of what you call "junk" is very high in calories and energy. Why do you think so dam many of them are FAT !!!

It's not just that. Nuts are a great source of fat and calories, and eaten appropriately, they are a great addition to a diet. The problem is that people overeat. The portions that they are fed are good enough for 2 meals at least. No one needs a 16 oz steak, baked potato, corn, 2 rolls, etc. for dinner, but people eat it. Also, food is being engineered to be addictive (per Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Morris) compelling people to eat the entire bag instead of a serving. If you've ever seen the movie Wall-e you'll know where we're headed.....
Bet you order the big azz steak too along with all the sides and eat every bite of it. Then look down on me because I eat a bag of chips. For what it's worth ALL food is addictive unless you just don't like it.

Bestoutwest":11qanf9g said:
Jogeephus":11qanf9g said:

When I do an exam I see the person's insurance. What kills me are the stay-at-home moms with 6 kids (and some of the time only 1 or 2 are left at home AND in high school) who are on Medicaid. What I've learned is that God will provide, and what he doesn't the state and it's taxpayers sure will.

And everyone complaining about food stamps being the drain on society, you haven't seen anything yet if you haven't seen how much money is wasted on medical visits.
Kinda burns me too when I visit my Dr. once a year and it cost $200 for her to take my pulse, temp, BP and shoot the breeze for 5 minutes.

ddd75":1hw51vmv said:
EBT / free phones / etc. isn't even the problem.

90% of the these people are getting paid by social security cash money every month instantly. All their kids are on it as well. Last week I had a young couple wanting to rent a house from me they made 1850.00 between the 3 of them (boyfriend, girlfriend, and 3 year old boy who be nice on my floor since he didn't have a diaper on). I've seen 1000 others just like them trying to rent from me. some of these families are making 2700 a month on SS.. get the EBT of over 1k. free phones. and then they get housing paid for.. it doesn't even need to be low income housing or anything.. they can rent ANY house they want.. Just an example.. In one county I have houses for a 3 bedroom home they will pay 1600.00 / month rent. In this county that will get you practically a brand new house.

I've also seen a lot of them being built brand new houses. Some newer ones I saw had solar panels on them even. They have to pay a percentage of the house in that deal though.
Don't know what kind of property you rent but bet every unit is HUD approved for low rent housing assistance.

So most of these families are making over 2k with SS. Free housing. Electric and Gas are either subsidised to 80% off or completely free. 1500'ish in free groceries for the month (They don't have to spend it all , it keeps adding every month) Free phones.

I see it .. EVERYDAY, so don't say its BS.

Latest posts