EBT

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":1dczhtee said:
ohiosteve":1dczhtee said:
Part b of my plan is to eliminate the tax credit for having children.
Again I disagree. Nation needs a good strong educated law abiding future generation. Though might consider
encouraging parental responsibility by eliminating tax credit for parents of children causing trouble/non law abiding
ect. and encourage family values by increasing tax credit for married couples with children born into their family.
But that's a can of worms too.
We are probably on the same page as to goals, but disagree on how to best achieve them.
I say eliminate any financial incentive to having children. The responsible parents are not doing it for the tax credit.

The General Welfare Clause of the Constitution provides the authority for programs like food stamps. Government administration of any program is difficult. Unless you guys want to employ a federal worker to police each family on a welfare program, then you best not waste your precious time stressing out over things you will never change.

Personally, I never see any on the circumstances discussed in this thread. I guess I live in a state of ignorant bliss regarding welfare. I had to look up what EBT meant.

My mind is more occupied with how dysfunctional our economy is in the United States. IMO, a strong healthy economy would fix most of the issues with welfare.

The issues of Welfare are not related to the economy as much as people getting things for no payback for so long it's become an "entitlement".

What was the economy like in Ok. Ks.and Colo. during the dust bowl. For about 7 years some folks had virtually nothing to eat if they didn't grow it. Men had pride in their independence and wouldn't go to town to get a government handout.

http://www.american-historama.org/1929-1945-depression-ww2-era/dust-bowl.htm

Bright Raven":90f28d43 said:
The General Welfare Clause of the Constitution provides the authority for programs like food stamps. Government administration of any program is difficult. Unless you guys want to employ a federal worker to police each family on a welfare program, then you best not waste your precious time stressing out over things you will never change.

Personally, I never see any on the circumstances discussed in this thread. I guess I live in a state of ignorant bliss regarding welfare. I had to look up what EBT meant.

My mind is more occupied with how dysfunctional our economy is in the United States. IMO, a strong healthy economy would fix most of the issues with welfare.

I disagree. There is plenty of work but people choose not to do it which is why we have an immigration problem. We have generations of people now who know nothing but how to live off the system and the scary thing is they breed like rabbits. Just as some people would rather starve than stoop to taking a handout there are those in society who would rather live in poverty than get a job and better themselves.

A family member retired from TXDOT and they begged him to come back to work and straighten things out.
Tgey pay 16.00 an hour starting out with raises each year, all government Holliday's, two weeks vacation, insurance and retirement plan.
He said he can't hire anyone.
They all claim 16.00 inst enough.
IMO 16.00 an hour in west Texas you can make a living, it's not a great living but for a young starting out it'd be a good career.
The guy I'm talking about retired at 49 with full pension and paid insurance.
Everyone wants to walk in the door they throw money at them and not have to do any physical work

Jogeephus":2qyz02nc said:
Bright Raven":2qyz02nc said:

I disagree. There is plenty of work but people choose not to do it which is why we have an immigration problem. We have generations of people now who know nothing but how to live off the system and the scary thing is they breed like rabbits. Just as some people would rather starve than stoop to taking a handout there are those in society who would rather live in poverty than get a job and better themselves.

Joe, I should explain because we are talking apples and oranges. Our economy is unsustainable. The United States has trillions of dollars of debt. Government spending is essential to maintain our GDP. That spending is financed at the rate of 40 cents on the dollar. The US is a consumer/service economy. We are where the rest of the world sells its manufactured goods. A consumer/service economy does not provide an abundance of good paying jobs.

I believe more people would rather work than be on welfare if the jobs are there. It may take time to create the type of economic climate to change the welfare culture, but I believe it would in time. I am not knocking people who do service work. The problem is - it does not create enough wealth. We are a subsistence economy. People who sell goods, mow yards, trim trees, etc. make a living but that does not create wealth like manufacturing.

My son had a mowing/tree trimming business on his days off at the fire dept.
He was making more doing that than fire dept but couldn't keep help, they tore up equipment, stole tools, always wanted to be paid early, borrow money, wouldn't show up, always injured themselves.

3.2 billion in federal tax payer dollars have been spent funding sports stadiums since 2000
perhaps ending welfare programs for billionaire team owners would be a good place to start.

BUT yelling at poor people is more fun... it's what's made Judge Judy a gazillionaire (100 mil per year at her peak)

Son of Butch":20qv94fm said:
3.2 billion in federal tax payer dollars have been spent funding sports stadiums since 2000
perhaps ending welfare programs for billionaire team owners would be a good place to start.

BUT yelling at poor people is more fun... it's what's made Judge Judy a gazillionaire (100 mil per year at her peak)
Certainly big investments but that's what they are....big investments and those cities who have put taxpayer money into those stadiums are making a killing. Arlington, Texas is a good example. Making huge amounts off "Jerry's world" (Contrary to popular belief they own more of it than Jerry owns) and could hardly wait to get the new Texas Rangers stadium coming out of the ground. Very low unemployment rate, great growth rate, businesses booming and most of it due to those stadiums and the sports teams that use them.

Cross-7":is8hi0od said:
My son had a mowing/tree trimming business on his days off at the fire dept.
He was making more doing that than fire dept but couldn't keep help, they tore up equipment, stole tools, always wanted to be paid early, borrow money, wouldn't show up, always injured themselves.
Tell me about it. My mini fence crew is the same. Any adults I hire want to be paid cash everyday so as not to interfere with their "check", and I'm sure goes to buy booze, cigs, and takeout. The only help I can keep full-time is a high schooler. He does a good job of ramrodding the part timers aka babysitting them :lol2:

I think manufacturing, mining, forestry, energy and agriculture are the key industries that build wealth for any country but these are also the industries the government seems so he77bent on shutting down with their regulatory practices. Shuffling money around and redistributing wealth is not the answer nor is building stadiums because we can't all be professional ball players because even if you identify as a pro-ball player that don't make it so in the real world. The biggest problem I see is many of the poor people who cannot afford to feed themselves have numerous children and expect those with jobs to support them. If your neighbor had more dogs than he could afford to feed I'm sure everyone would be upset and think him cruel but when it comes to people the breeder is rewarded even though the children go neglected. I think this is cruel.

greybeard":24ek65y6 said:
wacocowboy":24ek65y6 said:
Limit what you can buy
Salt
Pepper
Raw veggies
Chicken legs or thighs
Ground beef 70/30
Flour
Milk
Butter
Bread
Cheap cheese
Fruit
Dried beans
Rice
Small quantities of cooking oil
Basically just stuff to cook from scratch

:bs: on that list.
Where's the be nice tortillas?

Make your own be nice tortillas. :lol2:

I am also ok with taking away the right to vote from people on welfare. The only thing they will vote for is for someone that will give them the same or more money.

wacocowboy":52nvl8b3 said:
I am also ok with taking away the right to vote from people on welfare. The only thing they will vote for is for someone that will give them the same or more money.

i agree.. they are putting out "income based" levies left and right around here.

well.. if you don't make an income.. i don't think you can vote on an income based levy.

Jogeephus":79beppb2 said:
The biggest problem I see is many of the poor people who cannot afford to feed themselves have numerous children and expect those with jobs to support them. If your neighbor had more dogs than he could afford to feed I'm sure everyone would be upset and think him cruel but when it comes to people the breeder is rewarded even though the children go neglected. I think this is cruel.

Joe, you are in danger of being cast into the lake of fire. These fine folks are only following scripture:

"Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the ...

Cross-7":376p91vl said:
A family member retired from TXDOT and they begged him to come back to work and straighten things out.
Tgey pay 16.00 an hour starting out with raises each year, all government Holliday's, two weeks vacation, insurance and retirement plan.
IMO 16.00 an hour in west Texas you can make a living, it's not a great living but for a young starting out it'd be a good career.
Everyone wants to walk in the door they throw money at them and not have to do any physical work

You do not see the problem with the 49 year old with a full pension. This is what is breaking most of the cities budgets. This Young pensioned person will take a job from a young person needing it to feed his family and then work and pay into SS and become a double dipper. I would really hate to live in a world you guys would run. If you got rid of every one on welfare and all of the poor people you folks would not have any where to spend Gods ten percent tax that is used to build building that are so yuge that God would get lost in them. Most places that people live and have to rent have to pay over half of their take home for rent.

The US has become a glutton for consumer goods. Since we don't manufacture the goods, we buy them. We buy them with money that is injected into our economy at every level of government. A huge portion of that money is borrowed. That equation is sucking the wealth out of this country faster than we are creating wealth.

The end is obvious. IMO, that is a more fundamental issue than welfare.

Bright Raven":rajf441b said:
Jogeephus":rajf441b said:
The biggest problem I see is many of the poor people who cannot afford to feed themselves have numerous children and expect those with jobs to support them. If your neighbor had more dogs than he could afford to feed I'm sure everyone would be upset and think him cruel but when it comes to people the breeder is rewarded even though the children go neglected. I think this is cruel.

Joe, you are in danger of being cast into the lake of fire. These fine folks are only following scripture:

"Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the ...

Those are wise words and it is my understanding that you should be fruitful as in produce something with your talents THEN and only then should you multiply. What also goes along with this is the command that you should WORK six days and rest on the seventh. And there is another that says, "for even when I was with you those that did not work did not eat".

Whether my beliefs are right or wrong I think its obvious we have filled the earth and have dominion over it so now its time to keep the thing socked or in your britches and stop spitting out babies you can't feed. Simply put, if you can't feed them don't breed them. Works for livestock so I don't see why it work well with people since we are all animals granted some more so than others.

hurleyjd":33ewov2d said:
Cross-7":33ewov2d said:

You do not see the problem with the 49 year old with a full pension. This is what is breaking most of the cities budgets. This Young pensioned person will take a job from a young person needing it to feed his family and then work and pay into SS and become a double dipper. I would really hate to live in a world you guys would run. If you got rid of every one on welfare and all of the poor people you folks would not have any where to spend Gods ten percent tax that is used to build building that are so yuge that God would get lost in them. Most places that people live and have to rent have to pay over half of their take home for rent.

I don't know the economics of the state of Texas and it doesn't matter whether it's right wrong.
That's what it is
30 years of service whether tou start at 18 or 30
Do your 30 years and retire

Latest posts