EBT

Help Support CattleToday:

Ol' 243":2sp61zwa said:
Bestoutwest":2sp61zwa said:
Do you have proof of this, or is this a case of your uncle's nephew's sister's cousin's friend told you? Because it sounds plausible, but extremely farfetched and I call :bs: .

Hey BestoutWest, He is exactly correct on this one. There are numerous examples of this, and this one has been in the news extensively lately. Here is the youtube vide of it. Careful about calling bullshyt on people, they will make you look shytty if you don't know what you're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnqfOcOn9ws

BOOOOOOOM goes the dynamite.

I don't know what the racket is, and who's behind it, but eastern Ky uses ebt to buy cases of soda. The soda is then traded almost like currency. Been going on for a long time.

fraud has been going on since they started them things. Back when they were paper stamps The going rate was 50 cent on the dollar. and most of what you say at the grocery store were folks that were not on the program but were just buying them to save money . once they went to the Card they had to devise a new scam and that's where they get a grocery list from the buyer and the user buys the items and takes them to the persons that pay 1/2 of face value on the receipt. The ebt user can not refuse or they are left with grocery's that really don't want. It is wide spread abuse

Ol' 243":1qpti751 said:
Bestoutwest":1qpti751 said:
Do you have proof of this, or is this a case of your uncle's nephew's sister's cousin's friend told you? Because it sounds plausible, but extremely farfetched and I call :bs: .

Hey BestoutWest, He is exactly correct on this one. There are numerous examples of this, and this one has been in the news extensively lately. Here is the youtube vide of it. Careful about calling bullshyt on people, they will make you look shytty if you don't know what you're talking about.

Hey Ol'243, showing a video of a guy in a parking lot does nothing to bolster your argument. What credentials does that guy hold? Is he a prosecutor, investigator, at the least an investigative reporter? I imagine he's just some angry dude in a parking lot armed with his cell phone. While this looks dam-ning, it is nothing more than two idiots yelling at each other in a parking lot.

A better example would have been this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bccQhZDpWrc

Still one example, a trend does not make. So you two guys can congratulate each other all you want, but in reality, I'll wait to call this a financial epidemic.

ddd75":1qpti751 said:

Please see note above. Anecdotal evidence, amateur evidence for that matter, does not prove your point.

Bestoutwest":17vcui5j said:
Ol' 243":17vcui5j said:
Bestoutwest":17vcui5j said:

Hey Ol'243, showing a video of a guy in a parking lot does nothing to bolster your argument. What credentials does that guy hold? Is he a prosecutor, investigator, at the least an investigative reporter? I imagine he's just some angry dude in a parking lot armed with his cell phone. While this looks dam-ning, it is nothing more than two idiots yelling at each other in a parking lot.

A better example would have been this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bccQhZDpWrc

Still one example, a trend does not make. So you two guys can congratulate each other all you want, but in reality, I'll wait to call this a financial epidemic.

ddd75":17vcui5j said:

Please see note above. Anecdotal evidence, amateur evidence for that matter, does not prove your point.

I could buy a 1000 dollars worth of groceries today for 500 bucks cash , Its not as difficult as you think.

I hate getting behind someone buying all kinds of junk or high end stuff on those cards. They ain't got jobs so plenty of time to cook from scratch. Better not let me be in charge of it I'd make some major changes.

Drug test tax payer have to take them at their job so tax thieves should too.

Birth control if you can't pay for the ones you got don't need more. IUD for women vasectomy for guys (it is reversible if they want to get off the program). To make it cheaper we will use medical students they need someone to practice on.

Limit what you can buy
Salt
Pepper
Raw veggies
Chicken legs or thighs
Ground beef 70/30
Flour
Milk
Butter
Bread
Cheap cheese
Fruit
Dried beans
Rice
Small quantities of cooking oil
Basically just stuff to cook from scratch

Bestoutwest":3bax5bwb said:
Here are the things that upset me, in no particular order:
1) A patient on Medicaid with a Coach bag, big cell phone and fancy clothes.
2) Going to Walgreen's and seeing a sign that reads "You can use SNAP! here" in the candy aisle.
3) Watching a documentary where they talked with a poor family who stated that they couldn't fix good food b/c they didn't have enough money, but they could afford ~$10/night for Burger King.
4) The argument that spending money on drug testing will save money. I understand the frustration, but it's like trying to remove thieves from the banking industry.
https://thinkprogress.org/what-7-states ... 46e0b4305d

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/ ... a4f34059be

http://time.com/3117361/welfare-recipie ... g-testing/

https://www.aol.com/article/2016/02/18/ ... /21314760/
5) The lack of nutritional value of almost any meal that is purchased outside of the home.

You might want to delete that one. Most of what you call "junk" is very high in calories and energy. Why do you think so dam many of them are FAT !!!

wacocowboy":22f43q3m said:
I hate getting behind someone buying all kinds of junk or high end stuff on those cards. They ain't got jobs so plenty of time to cook from scratch. Better not let me be in charge of it I'd make some major changes.

Birth control if you can't pay for the ones you got don't need more. IUD for women vasectomy for guys (it is reversible if they want to get off the program). To make it cheaper we will use medical students they need someone to practice on.

Limit what you can buy
Salt
Pepper
Raw veggies
Chicken legs or thighs
Ground beef 70/30
Flour
Milk
Butter
Bread
Cheap cheese
Fruit
Dried beans
Rice

I certainly agree with the grocery list. Its very similar to mine. One problem, most of these folks on EBT/SNAP do not know how to "cook". They know how to prepare, as in re-heat, microve the instant meals, etc. :(

Recently a friend of mine posted a request for donations, a list of items for the "Back-Pack" program for kids during the summer. The list consisted of Uncle Bens ready-to-eat rice packs, boxes of powdered potatoes, Snack-Pack puddings, ready to eat Jello packs, etc. For gosh sakes! I can't afford to shop this way for my husband and I. :?

These folks need to learn how to "cook". If they learned how to cook, they could make a 3lb bag of rice last a couple of weeks, have waayyy more Jello if make it from the boxes of powder. Etc.

Workinonit Farm":1qlxwzdg said:
wacocowboy":1qlxwzdg said:

Limit what you can buy
Salt
Pepper
Raw veggies
Chicken legs or thighs
Ground beef 70/30
Flour
Milk
Butter
Bread
Cheap cheese
Fruit
Dried beans
Rice

I certainly agree with the grocery list. Its very similar to mine. One problem, most of these folks on EBT/SNAP do not know how to "cook". They know how to prepare, as in re-heat, microve the instant meals, etc. :(

Recently a friend of mine posted a request for donations, a list of items for the "Back-Pack" program for kids during the summer. The list consisted of Uncle Bens ready-to-eat rice packs, boxes of powdered potatoes, Snack-Pack puddings, ready to eat Jello packs, etc. For gosh sakes! I can't afford to shop this way for my husband and I. :?

These folks need to learn how to "cook". If they learned how to cook, they could make a 3lb bag of rice last a couple of weeks, have waayyy more Jello if make it from the boxes of powder. Etc.

They can take their phone and download the All Recipe app. Go to the library check out a cook book or use the computer at the library to look up recipes and write them down. My mom has a box of index cards with recipes written on them.

Workinonit Farm":ohl3jdei said:
wacocowboy":ohl3jdei said:

Limit what you can buy
Salt
Pepper
Raw veggies
Chicken legs or thighs
Ground beef 70/30
Flour
Milk
Butter
Bread
Cheap cheese
Fruit
Dried beans
Rice

I totally agree. With no where to go, nothing to do, and all day to get it accomplished in, they have time to cook.

How can you tell if someone is using an EBT card instead of a regular credit card. Also a lot of our military members families or on the EBT cards because they need it to make ends meet..

hurleyjd":3ca4e13i said:
How can you tell if someone is using an EBT card instead of a regular credit card. Also a lot of our military members families or on the EBT cards because they need it to make ends meet..

Here, the card is very distinctive. Not sure if that's the case all over. It's a shame that some working class people are below the poverty level. Or probably more correctly worded qualify for EBT.

hurleyjd":tizyboyj said:

It is pretty easy to spot the ones in Texas. Another thing is you will see them pay for food with the card and beer and cigs with a big ole wad of cash.

My understanding and correct me if I'm wrong.
You can pull a certain amount of cash off the EBT for clothing and non food Items.
So cash money for vices is relatively easy

I thought this might be a good thread to drop my billion dollar idea. Maybe the government should offer a $5000.00 dollar payout for any male who would get a vasectomy or any female who would get her tubes tied. keep in mind both are reversible. ohiosteve for president 2020.

OhioSteve.... this site needs a thumbs down button.
Individuals responsible enough to sign up taken out of the genetic pool thereby leaving higher % of the irresponsible
to dominate the future genetic landscape. Just one of many problems with the proposed idea.

wacocowboy":3qei183f said:
Limit what you can buy
Salt
Pepper
Raw veggies
Chicken legs or thighs
Ground beef 70/30
Flour
Milk
Butter
Bread
Cheap cheese
Fruit
Dried beans
Rice

:bs: on that list.
Where's the damn tortillas?

Son of Butch":3iwwey0o said:
OhioSteve.... this site needs a thumbs down button.
Individuals responsible enough to sign up taken out of the genetic pool thereby leaving higher % of the irresponsible
to dominate the future genetic landscape. Just one of many problems with the proposed idea.
I think you are wrong. The freeloaders will put a little effort into a big enough payout. Maybe make it $10,000. Still cheaper than supporting generations of trained freeloaders. Part b of my plan is to eliminate the tax credit for having children.

ohiosteve":2wdjynff said:
Part b of my plan is to eliminate the tax credit for having children.
Again I disagree. Nation needs a good strong educated law abiding future generation. Though might consider
encouraging parental responsibility by eliminating tax credit for parents of children causing trouble/non law abiding
ect. and encourage family values by increasing tax credit for married couples with children born into their family.
But that's a can of worms too.
We are probably on the same page as to goals, but disagree on how to best achieve them.

Latest posts