EBT

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3xbp43nq said:
ddd75":3xbp43nq said:
EBT / free phones / etc. isn't even the problem.

90% of the these people are getting paid by social security cash money every month instantly. All their kids are on it as well. Last week I had a young couple wanting to rent a house from me they made 1850.00 between the 3 of them (boyfriend, girlfriend, and 3 year old boy who be nice on my floor since he didn't have a diaper on). I've seen 1000 others just like them trying to rent from me. some of these families are making 2700 a month on SS.. get the EBT of over 1k. free phones. and then they get housing paid for.. it doesn't even need to be low income housing or anything.. they can rent ANY house they want.. Just an example.. In one county I have houses for a 3 bedroom home they will pay 1600.00 / month rent. In this county that will get you practically a brand new house.

I've also seen a lot of them being built brand new houses. Some newer ones I saw had solar panels on them even. They have to pay a percentage of the house in that deal though.
Don't know what kind of property you rent but bet every unit is HUD approved for low rent housing assistance.

So most of these families are making over 2k with SS. Free housing. Electric and Gas are either subsidised to 80% off or completely free. 1500'ish in free groceries for the month (They don't have to spend it all , it keeps adding every month) Free phones.

I see it .. EVERYDAY, so don't say its BS.

maybe you should read a little harder before commenting.

it doesn't even need to be low income housing or anything.. they can rent ANY house they want.

I have 0 low income houses.. Do you think 1600 / month rent is low income? wow.

but what would that have to do with anything I just said anyway? absolutely nothing.

TexasBred":232v9ty9 said:
Bestoutwest":232v9ty9 said:
Bet you order the big azz steak too along with all the sides and eat every bite of it. Then look down on me because I eat a bag of chips. For what it's worth ALL food is addictive unless you just don't like it.

You're wrong. When I have steak I will eat usually a 6-8 oz steak. I have IBS and if I eat too much it's mucho no bueno. I also keep my weight down so that I don't have joint pain. I don't look down on you for have a smaller bag of chips, it's the family size bag after lunch/dinner plus a 2L of (insert sugary soda/energy drink here).

And no, not ALL food is addictive. If you read the book you'd understand. Here's an example: There is a point where soda is too sugary and people don't like it. Let's say, arbitrarily that number is 34 g of sugar per 12 oz can of soda (that's too high, but whatever). So, what the soda company does is that they add 33 g of sugar. Sugar lights up the same areas of the brain that cocaine does. Over time, a person becomes addicted to the sugar in that soda.

TexasBred":232v9ty9 said:
Kinda burns me too when I visit my Dr. once a year and it cost $200 for her to take my pulse, temp, BP and shoot the breeze for 5 minutes.

It's to pay for folks that don't have insurance. After my foot surgery, I was on IV drugs for 2 months. It cost $8,300 a WEEK. The pharmacist was telling me it's b/c folks without insurance can't pay/won't pay that much so they make it up somewhere.

TexasBred":75uylbyz said:
Bestoutwest":75uylbyz said:
Jogeephus":75uylbyz said:
Maybe its just me but when I found out I was fixing to be a daddy I was not only thrilled but I was also terrified. Though we were trying and I knew it would be inevitable but when I learned it was definite I was scared to death because I was taking on the responsibility for another life and wondered if I was up for the task. This was sobering and forced me to do a lot of soul searching. I just can't see how someone who can't feed and care for one child can even consider having more. But like I say, maybe its just me.

When I do an exam I see the person's insurance. What kills me are the stay-at-home moms with 6 kids (and some of the time only 1 or 2 are left at home AND in high school) who are on Medicaid. What I've learned is that God will provide, and what he doesn't the state and it's taxpayers sure will.

And everyone complaining about food stamps being the drain on society, you haven't seen anything yet if you haven't seen how much money is wasted on medical visits.
Kinda burns me too when I visit my Dr. once a year and it cost $200 for her to take my pulse, temp, BP and shoot the breeze for 5 minutes.

Do you enjoy the prostrate exam?

Bestoutwest":2a2mz6uk said:
TexasBred":2a2mz6uk said:

It's to pay for folks that don't have insurance. After my foot surgery, I was on IV drugs for 2 months. It cost $8,300 a WEEK. The pharmacist was telling me it's b/c folks without insurance can't pay/won't pay that much so they make it up somewhere.[/quote]
I don't doubt it a minute.

hurleyjd":1ww9n8si said:
TexasBred":1ww9n8si said:
Bestoutwest":1ww9n8si said:
When I do an exam I see the person's insurance. What kills me are the stay-at-home moms with 6 kids (and some of the time only 1 or 2 are left at home AND in high school) who are on Medicaid. What I've learned is that God will provide, and what he doesn't the state and it's taxpayers sure will.

And everyone complaining about food stamps being the drain on society, you haven't seen anything yet if you haven't seen how much money is wasted on medical visits.

Do you enjoy the prostrate exam?
They just go by the PSA # on lab work now.....guess your's still gives you the old fingerwave (at your insistence) :mrgreen:

Latest posts