East Texas Farm of the Year!

Help Support CattleToday:

Ranchcop

Reaction score
Congradulations to Mr. and Mrs. Lane from Red River Co. They have been advanced to East Texas Farm of the Year, in the NRCS / EQIP program. They have been using the Watson Ranch Organic Program for 5+ years. They are now advancing to the next round, Texas Farm of the Year.
The Lanes raise Cattle, and Hay on thier farm and are totally Organic, They have been out performing all other farmer and ranchers in the EQIP program for several years despite the fact that, they have been in a drought for about 4 years.
Keep up the good work Mr. and Mrs. Lane!
Brad

Indeed congrats Mr. and Mrs. Lana.
When saying totally organic what does that mean? see i'm alittle confused. i thought organic meant something living or was alive, mainly of the animal and plant kindoms. in my study i have found that a farm using glyphosate in a concentration on no more than 13% can be certified organic. a farm can use lime, and potash and also be certified. i've asked a few times wheres this line of organic and still cant get no answer. but yet still see this "certified organic" farms getting all this glory. i'm glad these farmers are getting .50lb more for their beef. man it is time for farmers to get a raise. i'm proud to hear anybody making money.
i just dont get getting pointed at as a destroyer of the earth and eco system but yet the saints use the same means i do. what gives?

The Lane's are not "Ceritfied Organic" They do use a Liquid Organic Program. Sounds to me like you have been doing your homework!
What I deam as Organic and what the USDA deams as Organic are two different things. The Government has taken over the Certified Organic classifications and pretty much screwed them up by letting the Chemical Co. Lobbiest pull the Governments purse strings and alowing chemicals to be used and still be Certified Organic. So I guess the what gives question should go to a Government Rep.

Ranchcop":2ydhpkuj said:
The Lane's are not "Ceritfied Organic" They do use a Liquid Organic Program. Sounds to me like you have been doing your homework!
What I deam as Organic and what the USDA deams as Organic are two different things. The Government has taken over the Certified Organic classifications and pretty much screwed them up by letting the Chemical Co. Lobbiest pull the Governments purse strings and alowing chemicals to be used and still be Certified Organic. So I guess the what gives question should go to a Government Rep.

I looked into organics a few years ago and decided not for me. in all fairness that was a good answer to the what gives question. so now we're on the same page you see why when you or others say they are getting more money i say good when you say organicually i say so what. because truth of the matter is the organics can and DO use the ways i do right up to the nitrogen then thats when we split company.
I would think that yours,the goverment's,and my thoughts on organic is different. i dont think you should beable to use diesel,gas,any medicine that did'nt come from a plant or animal's organ.
Thank you for answering my question and replying to my post.

Latest posts