earth quake in Haiti

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
john250":2ycehp24 said:
Aid to Haiti keeps Haitians there. No aid puts them on rafts for Florida. I know what I would choose.

There would be enough money to invest in a whole lot of Coast Guard Cutters.
I am sick of taking care of the world, being Mexico's welfare system while Americans go with out jobs and home's
I had an Uncle at Pearl one that made the beach landings on Iwo and Okinawa and a Dad that was in the North Alantic. We tried to turn a blind eye of what was going on in the world then and buying peace and security like now it didn't work then and won't work now. We keep pumpimg American Dollars and jobs into countries that hate our guts. Just listen to the news France jumps up we are trying to occupy Haiti.
I say it is time to shut off the money and security and let them see who has been buttering their bread the American taxpayer and blood of the American soldier.
Take care of America's people and security first, we have only had a few allies that are the exception to the rule Austrailia, United Kingdom, and Canada all colonized by England, all have been good neighbors and Allies.

Caustic Burno":1msdrlhq said:
john250":1msdrlhq said:
Aid to Haiti keeps Haitians there. No aid puts them on rafts for Florida. I know what I would choose.

There would be enough money to invest in a whole lot of Coast Guard Cutters.
I am sick of taking care of the world, being Mexico's welfare system while Americans go with out jobs and home's
I had an Uncle at Pearl one that made the beach landings on Iwo and Okinawa and a Dad that was in the North Alantic. We tried to turn a blind eye of what was going on in the world then and buying peace and security like now it didn't work then and won't work now. We keep pumpimg American Dollars and jobs into countries that hate our guts. Just listen to the news France jumps up we are trying to occupy Haiti.
I say it is time to shut off the money and security and let them see who has been buttering their bread the American taxpayer and blood of the American soldier.
Take care of America's people and security first, we have only had a few allies that are the exception to the rule Austrailia, United Kingdom, and Canada all colonized by England, all have been good neighbors and Allies.

I share a lot of your view, but we really aren't likely to shoot them out of the water. Video is everywhere, and that would look nasty on UTube.
DieselBeef will bear the brunt of it in FLA. I won't be affected much in Indiana. But the boats will come here if they are starving there.

AngusLimoX":32ao0z4a said:
AngusLimoX":32ao0z4a said:
I think our RCMP has been in Haiti for over 20 years trying to "modernize" their police.
2 of our Frigates their now.
Our kids gettin their heads messed up collecting corpses, while their kids loot and kill and sell drugs.

Just read where 2 of our Mounties were found dead in the rubble.

ALX that is another reason to give, we have our own their that are effected that have been trying to help straighten out that country for years. My heart goes out to the families of the loss of their loved ones.. Also all of our aid workers the volunteers , doctors a and nurses our military that are over there now . I want them to be taken care of while they are there and be as safe as possible.

Give , do not give, but compassion comes from within.. It was not their fault that they suffered a natural disaster ,the mess the US's economy is in, and the rest of the free worlds economy is in was a man made problem.. Which BTW should never have happened..

DB I completely understand where you are coming from. Florida is in bad shape already, they do not need anymore "welfare" people . You guys suffered probably the worst in the States as far as property devaluation and job losses ..

chrisy":1mdbjw4u said:
how come Dieselbeef says the same thing in around about way and berated and Caustic gets a clap???

I did not berate either. They can both have a clap from my perspective. Just understand I believe children deserve to be fed. All children.

Now looking back through this thread, I did not see where cross berated DB. Since cross offered the applause, I assume that is the person you are referring to? What am I missing?

I have deep emotional feelings about this whole subject and cannot truly engage in the conversation without getting political. So I have refrained.

First and foremost, I believe the children of our disabled vets deserve the first shot at all charitable assistance inclusive of scholarships, food, medical care etc. Anything left over after that can be distributed equally and fairly to anyone else who serves the public's interest in any way.

All children deserve food, water, medical attention, safety and shelter.

All children, everywhere, are our children.

Maybe some of the people you speak of in America should get off their axes and take advantage of the same opportunities that my grandfather and yours took advantage of ~ anything less is an excuse.

No I did not mean Cross, as I noticed Cross :clap: DB after. Each and everyone has their own opinions on this. and it is so all children every where need food and water, care and love and hopefully a roof over their heads. I am not apposed to our Governments giving money, but from the public it is getting to much, I don't know what you have over there as Charity funds but every day on TV or by e-mail or phonecall and junk mail it is can you give this can you give that, all for overseas, what I am saying is charity begins at home first, and when there is corrupt governments involved not much of the money donated goes to the people.
When I was in the 2004 disaster we gave a lot of money, but what we did was set up our own Charity, and sent supplies out to Sri Lanka straight to the schools and orphanage, the initial help to clean up was through the Government aid, which was lacking while we were stranded. It was the Indian and US army on hand first, ours was crap to us there, I will end it there as I don't want to get political.

Do some of you people hear what you're saying? Hundreds of thousands of people are dead and dying right next door and we're supposed to ignore it? They're not Americans so screw them, right? Talk about sick!!
Caustic Burno":1seys540 said:
I had an Uncle at Pearl one that made the beach landings on Iwo and Okinawa and a Dad that was in the North Alantic.

My Dad served four years in the Pacific during WWII and another two years during Korea. He lost a brother at Anzio. My Mom lost one brother on DDay +3 and another on a training mission two weeks before Hiroshima. What kind of world would we live in today had these men, and millions like them, decided that we shouldn't go running around the world trying to solve everyone else's problems?

Some of you don't want to help out. Fine. Better men than you and I died in order to give us the right to decide for ourselves. But spare us the "America first" chest thumping. This isn't the time. People are dying. There's a lot of work to do. Stay out of the way.

chrisy":3a5ep64o said:
I am saying is charity begins at home first.
We have had this discussion already on a locked thread ~ and you know where I stand.

Silence is consent ~ thank you VanC. :clap:

angie":jny4d5q3 said:
chrisy":jny4d5q3 said:
I am saying is charity begins at home first.
We have had this discussion already on a locked thread ~ and you know where I stand.

Silence is consent ~ thank you VanC. :clap:
I am not saying don't give, in the initial state donations don't get through, it is after when they are rebuilding is when the most help is needed. Schools, Orphanages, Hospitals and such like are where my funds will go direct, through our Church.

I appreciate the open and honest discussion.

Yes we are all attempted to get political. If we do, this thread will be locked as well. We will then not be able to discuss this.

Infants, toddlers and children did not ask to be brought into this life. They cannot just go out and get a job and feed themselves.

I know what it is like to be a hungry child. My dad took a serious injury in the early 60's. Both parents provided for all of us kids as best they could. They didn't break laws or ask for help. We made it. We were also blessed in many ways later on in life.

Past experiences, good and bad, is what leads us to form our opinions and views on things.

You all know what the situation is. What you choose to do is your choice and your right.

To those of you who help feed any children in any way, I'd like to offer my gratitude. Kids don't need mansions and first class treatments. They simply need nourishment, sanitary conditions, safety/shelter and proper guidance.

All I know is DO NOT give to your government give to an independent group. We donated and I am glad we did. The donations are to be used now to save lives and for infrastructure in the future.

Like I said donate or do not , it is your choice; but do not chastise those that do.

cross_7":iv0tt2se said:
i just wish we would do as much for our own as we do in other places

I agree with you on that too.

If a fox is eating one of my chickens each night, I don't believe going to the grocery store, buying a chicken, and placing it on a plate out by the chicken coop is the best solution. Even if it does keep him from killing my laying hens. A fox proof chicken coop would have been the best solution at original conception of the notion - but there are other alternatives.

1982vett":3urwyj3o said:
Ok TexasBred...not going to let the Methodist take a back seat so I'll put up a link for UMCOR. As a side note, they already have a mission presence and took a hit as well. http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umcor/

Imagine how the members of A&M United Methodist Church feel about one of their mission projects. It was a Portable Medical Clinic built out of a 10x40 cargo box. At first it was used as a model for others to copy, but in time it was depoyed. It was already in Haiti when the quake hit.

http://www.am-umc.org/new%20page/forms/ ... ochure.pdf

Respond by participating in our next Portable Medical Clinic

Last year's PMC is actually serving the people of
Haiti. It is located just outside of the heavily hit Port
au Prince at an orphanage. The orphanage was
spared and there are preparing to send 5-6 more
containers to that area. While we do not determine
where the PMC goes, we do outfit it knowing that it
will serve people in need. It just happened that our
first one is in a place of
desperate need as of
Tuesday, January 12.
The clinics in Haiti are
desparate to replenish
needed first aid supplies.
To help in this effort
please bring items such as
alcohol, peroxide,
bandages, and
antiseptic/antibiotic
creams to the church to be
forwarded to the clinics.
Monetary donations to purchase supplies are also
accepted. Please make checks to A&M UMC with
Haiti First Aid Supplies on the memo line.

The only thing I would add about UMCOR is to use the advance # if you want every dollar to strictly go to Haiti.

Larry

TexasBred":p9aqp46i said:
1982...that's great..I have no problem with it. My wife was raised in the Methodist faith. ;-) "Catholic Lites". :lol:

:lol2: Ha, TB you made me laugh. I'll have to remember that one.

Larry

backhoeboogie":1rmu1ond said:
To those of you who help feed any children in any way, I'd like to offer my gratitude. Kids don't need mansions and first class treatments. They simply need nourishment, sanitary conditions, safety/shelter and proper guidance.

That's called the minimum basics...and the minimum basics are what any child on this earth deserves!

For those that are worried about boat people coming in...if there are children on that boat, should we run out and drill a hole in it? Would you watch the children drown? Dear Lord, I hope not.

I think charity begins at home...absolutely! But when a crisis like this strikes another country...and there are so very many helpless children involved, good grief, people...man and woman up!

Alice

Yes, we have problems here and we need to solve those, we have the know how and resources to solve those problems, we just have to apply ourselves and do it. I think that this board is made up of people that if they see a snake they kill it and for most to watch while this great nation seems to have lost it's way is frustrating.

All that being said it does not mitigate our responsibility to serve those in desparate need. For me to think of a child in Haiti or anywhere, hanging on to the hope that help will be coming from "America" is motivation to give. When I look at my own child and think about how much she has and how much we have, and realize how blessed we are as individuals and as a nation, then I think maybe I can find a few dollars to send to Haiti.

Larry

VanC":1b292ti8 said:
Do some of you people hear what you're saying? Hundreds of thousands of people are dead and dying right next door and we're supposed to ignore it? They're not Americans so screw them, right? Talk about sick!!
Caustic Burno":1b292ti8 said:
I had an Uncle at Pearl one that made the beach landings on Iwo and Okinawa and a Dad that was in the North Alantic.

My Dad served four years in the Pacific during WWII and another two years during Korea. He lost a brother at Anzio. My Mom lost one brother on DDay +3 and another on a training mission two weeks before Hiroshima. What kind of world would we live in today had these men, and millions like them, decided that we shouldn't go running around the world trying to solve everyone else's problems?

Some of you don't want to help out. Fine. Better men than you and I died in order to give us the right to decide for ourselves. But spare us the "America first" chest thumping. This isn't the time. People are dying. There's a lot of work to do. Stay out of the way.

They didn't to decide to go running to save anyone we sat and watched millions of Jews be slaughtered.
We had metal drives to sale to Japan to make bombs and ships.
We got in the war because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor in a sneak attack killing over 2000 Americans and only then did we enter the war and entered it to win. .
We didn't take very many Jap prisoners we shot most even if they tried to surrender, burned, bombed them including fire burned their cities full of women and children, and Nuked them. Our goal was to annilate them or they unconditional surrender.
You are darn right I say America first, we have rebuilt Japan most of Europe ran to the rescue of nearly every country on earth for what to be cursed and despised on the streets of those countries while turning our backs on millions of Americans.
For some reason we feel like the Big good Americans when the news shows us rushing in to another country while we turn our backs on our own people.
I feel sorry for the poor people of Haiti but how much is enough we have given billions and they have a higher poverty level today than before we stuck our nose in to help. Where did that money go? Let the same thing happen here and count the countries that even offer to help an American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts