Early Risers

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":3t6ep6h6 said:
The Bachelor":3t6ep6h6 said:
I'm a 4am guy too. I love to get up and get some coffee and just sit and look outside while the sun rises. I think the best part is being alone with my thoughts.........and I can blow off some of that beer from the night before and nobody has to leave the room.

No offense, but I have to question any one who combines "loves to get up" with "4 am". Something is definitely wrong with this statement, because no one loves to get up at that hour - not even the most die hard early bird. Yes, a lot of people do it, because that is what needs to be done - but no one (that I've met/talked to, at least) looks forward to it, or "loves" it.

That's cause we've never met.

msscamp":v9rx8j0d said:
The Bachelor":v9rx8j0d said:
I'm a 4am guy too. I love to get up and get some coffee and just sit and look outside while the sun rises. I think the best part is being alone with my thoughts.........and I can blow off some of that beer from the night before and nobody has to leave the room.

No offense, but I have to question any one who combines "loves to get up" with "4 am". Something is definitely wrong with this statement, because no one loves to get up at that hour - not even the most die hard early bird. Yes, a lot of people do it, because that is what needs to be done - but no one (that I've met/talked to, at least) looks forward to it, or "loves" it.

I think it is harder for majority to fathom that I am sitting here on my computer chair with cat curled in my lap at 12:58 when I could be in bed. I'll still be here an hour from now......
To each their own.

dun":1sxjwb1h said:
msscamp":1sxjwb1h said:
The Bachelor":1sxjwb1h said:

That's cause we've never met.

Ok, I'm willing to accept that.

angie2":92j0shfe said:
msscamp":92j0shfe said:
The Bachelor":92j0shfe said:

I think it is harder for majority to fathom that I am sitting here on my computer chair with cat curled in my lap at 12:58 when I could be in bed. I'll still be here an hour from now......
To each their own.

I'm certainly not the majority, but it makes perfect sense to me. This is despite the fact that I've developed a tendency to be in bed at 9 PM ever since the time change, although I'm not sure why. :???: I've got a wild hair tonight. :lol: :lol:

I get up 5:45 and do my morning walk for an hour every morning here on the ship.Then when home my wife has to get up 4:30am to go to work,I make her breakfast and coffee.What I enjoy most is morning coffee out on the porch at sunrise.Hear the crows, and the birds.Once in awhaile see some deer,rabbits,
squirrels or wild turkey out in the pasture.Hear someone driving down the county gravel road about 1/4 mi from our house.It's even better in the winter,hear those sandhill cranes and geese echo through the woods.Sometimes the owls and coyotes.Life's small treasures.Me dinner(supper) is most of the time 8pm+,in bed 11pm+.
It's hard to soar with the Eagles if you stay out and hoot with the Owls.

msscamp":3g78drw8 said:
The Bachelor":3g78drw8 said:

Guess I'm just weird then :) I also loooove to go to bed between 7:30 and 8

msscamp":1uu7vsuy said:
The Bachelor":1uu7vsuy said:

It is really the very best time of day for me. Phone not ringing, nobody asking questions, alone with my thoughts. It is a habit I have learned to appreciate. It is my my most mentally productive time. I really look forward to waking up any time of day, beats the alternative. ;-)

Back when I was gainfully employed I alwasy got strated by 5 am, work day started at 7:30 am. I got more accomplished in those 2 1/2 hours in the morning then I did the whole rest of the day.

Looks like most on here enjoy the early morning hours like myself. Those who like sleeping in can't understand why anyone would like to get up early, and we can't understand why anyone would want to be sleeping at the best time of the day.
My oldest son started out as a DJ on a local radio station right out of highschool at nights. Still a Dj and still working nights.(now 34yr old) I can't see how he does it. I bet he aint seen a sunrise in several yrs. Just couldn't live like that.

Cal

Calman":3vdnqwpm said:
Looks like most on here enjoy the early morning hours like myself. Those who like sleeping in can't understand why anyone would like to get up early, and we can't understand why anyone would want to be sleeping at the best time of the day.
My oldest son started out as a DJ on a local radio station right out of highschool at nights. Still a Dj and still working nights.(now 34yr old) I can't see how he does it. I bet he aint seen a sunrise in several yrs. Just couldn't live like that.

Cal

When I first started working nights I was walking out of work with another officer at 0600 and he said, "Ugh ~ the sun" I thought I'll never be like that, and I'm not. I love the sun. I asked him if he had a hard time seeing his reflection in a mirror or had a strong aversion to garlic.

I'm up at 6:30am M-F only because I have to be at work by 7am. Weekends I usually sleep in until 8ish. At 54 I've seen enough sunrises to last me a lifetime. The wife gets up about the same time as me M-F but sleeps in until 10ish on Saturdays and would on Sundays as well if I didn't get her up so we can get to church on time. :D She makes up for it with a nap after church.

spoon":34650i1s said:
I'm up at 6:30am M-F only because I have to be at work by 7am. Weekends I usually sleep in until 8ish. At 54 I've seen enough sunrises to last me a lifetime. The wife gets up about the same time as me M-F but sleeps in until 10ish on Saturdays and would on Sundays as well if I didn't get her up so we can get to church on time. :D She makes up for it with a nap after church.

In my younger days it seemed like Sunday morning always came right after Saturday night. I had to get up at 3:30 to milk.

As a result, I did some of my best sleeping in church. Probably had something to do with why I turned out like I did. :roll:

Ryder":3340t5lc said:
spoon":3340t5lc said:

In my younger days it seemed like Sunday morning always came right after Saturday night. I had to get up at 3:30 to milk.

As a result, I did some of my best sleeping in church. Probably had something to do with why I turned out like I did. :roll:

Yes, you are such the criminal. I am suprised they let you into church.

I like to get to work early, too. Lately, the bus has been beating me there, though. And since I have special ed kids, they have to come directly into the classroon, most of them anyway, cause they have poor ability to make good choices.

Kinda like Ryder. :p

The Bachelor":2uzhtlwv said:
msscamp":2uzhtlwv said:
The Bachelor":2uzhtlwv said:

Guess I'm just weird then :) I also loooove to go to bed between 7:30 and 8

No, I wouldn't say you're weird by any means. I think you just march to the tune of a different drummer, and there is nothing wrong with that. I've just never known anyone who loves to get up at that hour, and that is what I was skeptical about. :) Well, with getting up at 4 am, I can certainly understand why you're in bed between 7:30 and 8:00! :lol: :lol:

"Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed."
- George Burns (1896-1996)

angie2":2ccfm2hs said:

:shock: Whatever happened to the happy medium? :lol: :lol:

msscamp":1x3sf8n5 said:
angie2":1x3sf8n5 said:

:shock: Whatever happened to the happy medium? :lol: :lol:

A guy went to a seance and all through the event the woman putting it on laughed. When it was all over he slapped her. When she asked why he had slapped her he said he had alwasy wanted to "strike a happy medium"

That cracks me up!!

I don't know if it would have been as funny at 3:30 pm as it was at 3:30 am ~ but it was funny.