Early Risers

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I being an early riser have noticed that there's always someone on here when I log on between 5am and 6am in the morn.
Guess there is other early risers besides me. I get up around 5:30 every morning whether I need to or not. Just cannot go back to sleep after waking up in the am. I just seem to lay there and think of things I need to be doing, and get up and wind up not doing any of the things I was thinking about.
Just seems like half the day is wasted if I sleep late.
And I do like the sunrises and early birds singing. Best time of the day.

How about ya'll?

Cal

Cal you just described my day. I guess it is what retirement is all about. The best time of day around here is about five am

kscowboy":1ftjxq97 said:
gotta get up early to get your days work covered in time for those afternoon naps ! :cboy:

A lot of times that's pretty close to the mark

i get up early as well.usually up before 7 an moving.like yall my internal clock tells me when to get up.

Early morning is the portion of the day when your soul is clean because you've yet to encounter any negative aspects that the day is bound to bring. The dew or frost covers the ground, the crickets are turning over their nocturnal singing duties to the birds who begin to stir with a song in their heart. The roosters boastfully call the sun out of hiding as deer stalk along in the early morning mist. Early morning in Spring summons the wild gobblers to begin their boisterous call for a mate. The woods abound with the sound of frost melting from the branches and the drops plummeting to the earth. Early morning affords us the opportunity to right the wrongs of yesterday and live as He would have us live today.

J. T.":3q1x1f2l said:
Early morning is the portion of the day when your soul is clean because you've yet to encounter any negative aspects that the day is bound to bring. The dew or frost covers the ground, the crickets are turning over their nocturnal singing duties to the birds who begin to stir with a song in their heart. The roosters boastfully call the sun out of hiding as deer stalk along in the early morning mist. Early morning in Spring summons the wild gobblers to begin their boisterous call for a mate. The woods abound with the sound of frost melting from the branches and the drops plummeting to the earth. Early morning affords us the opportunity to right the wrongs of yesterday and live as He would have us live today.
That's fantastic! Did you write it? If so, you need to finish the rest of your collection and get it into the bookstores!

I wake up around 5:30 each morning. No need for an alarm clock, besides that, I hate those things. :mad:
I do love mornings though, quiet and peaceful, my time. I do my chores, enjoy the start of the day without anyone messing with me, then get ready for work.

I have a routine.......Creature of habit.

J.T.
Nice post. :D

fit2btied":2nmalt2f said:
J. T.":2nmalt2f said:
That's fantastic! Did you write it? If so, you need to finish the rest of your collection and get it into the bookstores!

I agree, you got talent!! Wish I could put my thoughts into words like that.

Besides the bladder, there is the shoulders, hips, back and knees - they demand new positions by 5 or so. Now I am not naturally a morning person, although it is truly the best time of day. I always sort of wished they would put it about 10 AM instead. :D

weekdays i get up at 6:45 for school. dad is always willing to do morning chores for me. bless his heart!! :heart: :heart:
weekends vary. i feel obligated to do morning chores sinse dad does them all the other days so im usually up by 9.

during the summer when im out of school i'm usually up by 7-7:30ish.

never have been a morning person tho. i recommend to stay away for atleast a half hour. :lol: getting up before 6 doesnt interest me. unless its an absolute necessity.

and i dont have an internal clock.

I'm usually up by the crack of eight or nine, sometimes I actually get up with Susie when she gets up for work.
I have all that work that needs to be done....cows & hens to be fed, gather eggs, do some paper work have brunch with the cronies.
Putter around the shop....thats not right...work in the shop on important projects.
I'm enjoying all this old guy stuff....
Dave Mc

Alarm goes off at 5:15, always roll out by 5:30 on a work day, maybe sleep in till 6 on weekends. A lot depends on how insistently nature is calling. ;-)
I like being up early. Like someone said, if I stay in bed much later, I feel like half the day is wasted.

Susie David":2mghvnbb said:
I'm enjoying all this old guy stuff....
Dave Mc

One of the best parts is that if you don;t get to it today it will still be waiting tomorrow. I've found that other then feeding or a leaky pipe there isn;t a whole lot that can;t wait a while to be done.

Usually go to bed anywhere from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am, year round. Alarm is set for 6:00 am during the school year just in case. Wake up and roll out between 5:00 and 5:15 everyday. No alarm in the summer. Still wake up and roll out 5:00-ish.

Sung to the tune "jesse's Mom"

"David Mc has got it going on"......... :lol: :lol:

If I see the sun come up ~ it is because I haven't gone to bed yet. One of the hard things about working nights. Honestly, I prefer sunsets to sunrises. Gives me a chance to say "I made it" rather than "Brace yourself Angie ~ here it comes again!" :lol2: ;-)

Latest posts