Early Risers

Help Support CattleToday:

I average about 5 hours sleep these days, the company is helping as well, I have more 4 am pig loads going out since the latest re-vamp, so one way or another I am up early and enjoy the sunrises,a definite plus in starting the day.

Being a old dairy farmer I've always been a early riser. Now that I am semi retired just can't kick the habit. I have tried to make myself sleep in, can't do it. But at least I don't go to the barn at 4 am. :D

It's 2:25 AM. No, I'm not sleep walking or need to go to work. It's Sunday morning. Just happens sometimes. It's actually very peaceful right now. You see I have 4 children, all under the age of 13, in this wonderful home and this is my only time alone. My family is a joy and I love it around 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM when the " good mornings " begin. That's only on the weekends. Usually it's 6:00 am on weekdays. I do thank the Lord for this life every morning. Even with the problems and hassles of what is to come, which are sometimes many, life is a gift. Some mornings I just look at my children and my wonderful wife of 19+ years and again are thankful of all my blessings. I pray for the wisdom and stength to handle what is to come today as I know it will come quick and be gone in a flash. At 50 yrs old I wonder where all those days have gone. Mind boggling. Better stop. I do love my family and what few cows I have. My lifes ambition and dream. Ya'all have a great morning. Billy J.

Yes Indeed, from 3 am to sun rise is the best part of my day. Although I very seldom post anything, I read the boards every morning. I've learn a lot before daylight. :D

I've been up since 4 this morning. And it's like that most morning. I just enjoy the peace and quite. I drank one pot of coffee and start another for the hubby when he gets up.
Most of my chores are done by 8 am. Then it's going place to place checking fences and what not. By that time I have just about decided what I'm cooking for dinner. Clean up in the house and wash clothes. Then it's time for evening chores. I usually go to bed by 9.

Internal clock says its time to ---. 2:30-4:00 Once I wake that's it. My wife says I make it look like the house is on fire. I go to get coffee, go to the office, read the boards, do all my office work, while reading the boards, wait for the rest of the world to catch up.

There are some great posts on here, makes a person feel good about living, and his fellow men and women. There is so much in life to be happy for.
I have came very close to death several times in my wild life,that I know about and probably many times I wasen't aware of.Just knew at times i'd never see another sunrise So each and every morning I see the sun come up, here the birds sing, smell the morning dew, I thank the almighty for making this morning just for me.

But being the kind person I am I will share each and every morning with all of you.

After reading these post I do not feel alone or the odd person.
I am completing the last job for the public now. I really do not intend to work for any one but my self here after and as I need or want.
I wake up and get up from 2:30am to 7:00 am and get up and start what I have to do for the day. As Dun stated some days the emergences is only thing that gets any attention. I have gotten real good going by the coffee shop, sale barn a few other places to wast the complete day and don't feel guilty anymore.
Calman: will agree with your post about great post and the inspiration, that most gives.

Calman":1qdgs357 said:
I being an early riser have noticed that there's always someone on here when I log on between 5am and 6am in the morn.
Guess there is other early risers besides me. I get up around 5:30 every morning whether I need to or not. Just cannot go back to sleep after waking up in the am. I just seem to lay there and think of things I need to be doing, and get up and wind up not doing any of the things I was thinking about.
Just seems like half the day is wasted if I sleep late.
And I do like the sunrises and early birds singing. Best time of the day.

How about ya'll?

Cal

I get up at 5:15 on the weekdays and about 6 on the weekends. Did it all summer. Can't sleep later than 7:00. It is the best time of the day.

I don't function at 4 am - I've tried it on a number of occasions - so why bother. If I'm up before 7am something is seriously wrong, or something happened that prevented me from going to bed - and I'm not talking about late night television, either. I get up somewhere between 7 and 8 am, I play bumper pool with the walls the gremlins moved while I was sleeping for a little bit, finally get oriented, make coffee, and play computer solitare while I drink it and wake up. I then go feed the various critters in my care, and get on with the day. I really don't have anything against early morning, except for the hour it hits. :lol: :lol:

Msscamp,

I could not have said that better myself...any and/or all of it. I especially identify with the bumper pool and the coffee and computer solitaire. :D

Alice

im up about 5 am.. have always been an early bird..it gives me time to get a game plan going and the morning started.. my office is facing the sun rise so i have to best of both worlds.. cattle board, cup of coffee and a sunrise.... could it get any better than that? i think not ! when were at the camp camping im up about 4:30 or 5 get the camp fire going put on a of coffee watch the farm wake up... mules in the mist of early morning fog and highlands on the hills awaaaaa what a beautiful picture... give me a chance to stop and appreciate what i have and am working for..
about 7 the camperdoors come open,,dougs up, then jane and terry come out of there home away from home.. by then im starting breakfast... i tell them what all they have missed by " sleeping in "... nobody wants me to get them up when i do.. what up w that? LOL some times i slip off to the pond and get a little fishing in after coffee is done OK now i got my self missing summer!!! LOL Rose

Never have really understood the whole pre-dawn awakening thing. Most of the sales we attend don't start until mid-afternoon or evening and if you've been up since before sunrise, then getting loaded in the middle of the night makes for a long, long day. You don't want to be drifting off when pulling a load!
I do admire those that get up early and get it done though!

Bullbuyer":1g983p25 said:
Never have really understood the whole pre-dawn awakening thing. Most of the sales we attend don't start until mid-afternoon or evening and if you've been up since before sunrise, then getting loaded in the middle of the night makes for a long, long day. You don't want to be drifting off when pulling a load!
I do admire those that get up early and get it done though!

If I can pull out of here with a load by 7:15 there will only be a couple of trailers in front of me at the salebarn. If I'm ten minutes late it's an hour minimum wait.

I'm a 4am guy too. I love to get up and get some coffee and just sit and look outside while the sun rises. I think the best part is being alone with my thoughts.........and I can blow off some of that beer from the night before and nobody has to leave the room.

The Bachelor":66rhrycc said:
I'm a 4am guy too. I love to get up and get some coffee and just sit and look outside while the sun rises. I think the best part is being alone with my thoughts.........and I can blow off some of that beer from the night before and nobody has to leave the room.

No offense, but I have to question any one who combines "loves to get up" with "4 am". Something is definitely wrong with this statement, because no one loves to get up at that hour - not even the most die hard early bird. Yes, a lot of people do it, because that is what needs to be done - but no one (that I've met/talked to, at least) looks forward to it, or "loves" it.

Latest posts