Early Morning Visitor

Help Support CattleToday:

Just_a_girl

Reaction score
Racoon.jpg

Found this little fellow hanging around early morning. Gave him a banana and some water, he ate half of the banana. He stayed around most of the day, then I watched him wander off into some trees.

Cute as they are they are trouble.

They create havoc around a farm and are good rabies carriers.

Took us a while to get them cleared out of here - dogs have the scars to prove it.

Do not feed the wildlife - or tomorrow you will be cleaning up the garbage!

Nice pic.

Bez>

Bez>":3njsqfbs said:
Cute as they are they are trouble.

They create havoc around a farm and are good rabies carriers.

Took us a while to get them cleared out of here - dogs have the scars to prove it.

Do not feed the wildlife - or tomorrow you will be cleaning up the garbage!

Nice pic.

Bez>

thanks...
Isn't that the truth.....he's gone done the road to the neighbors to play with the cats. ;-) I'm kidding, I just know he's gone. Too many dogs around here for him to hang around long.

i saw 5 of the tinyest armadillos ive ever seen foraging the other day. i stopped and watched them for a long time (they cant see worth a toot). i couldnt resist, had to touch one. i could have caught them all. they reminded me of little piglets. i was amazed, i thought armadillos always had litters of four of the same sex. i suppose its possible that one of them that was slightly larger was a very young mother maybe.

Beefy - My wife has this weird fascination with armadillos. Think you could FedEx her one of them?

cfpinz

Sure how many do you need? i also had another baby alligator show up about a week ago.

Beefy":psjaw8o7 said:
i saw 5 of the tinyest armadillos ive ever seen foraging the other day. i stopped and watched them for a long time (they cant see worth a toot). i couldnt resist, had to touch one. i could have caught them all. they reminded me of little piglets. i was amazed, i thought armadillos always had litters of four of the same sex. i suppose its possible that one of them that was slightly larger was a very young mother maybe.

When I was a kid, Dad brought home three baby armidillos he had found when he was burning brush. He had them in the toolbox on theback of his tractor seat with their tails hanging out like snakes. We thought they were snakes when we first saw them. They lived in our house for a while. I can't remember what Mom fed them but I do remember that they slept under the television at night. I really got attached to them. Dad took them back on day. It was fun. I couldn't have been more than three or four.

I have an armadillo living under my house. He is welcome to stay there. He did what I couldnt do and chased the skunk that was living there away.

Heard tell if you put a light under the house, skunks won't stay there..Don't know if it's true or not.

Beefy":iq2k4hum said:

Armadillos are carriers of Hansen's disease (Leprosy).

Just_a_girl":3bc6qklj said:
Found this little fellow hanging around early morning. Gave him a banana and some water, he ate half of the banana. He stayed around most of the day, then I watched him wander off into some trees.

They are cute! Coming back from taking Dad lunch in a hay field a day or so ago, Mom and I saw 2 little babies crossing the road - no sign of mom. I wanted to investigate a little further, but Mom wouldn't let me. Today we were laying irrigation pipe, and found 2 baby skunks and their mother in the pipe pile. Dang, those babies were cute! Mom was in one section of pipe, and let her displeasure at being tumbled 2 or 3 times while putting that section of pipe on the trailer known! The pipe area still stinks to high heaven! :lol: :lol:

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":1w4hu80u said:
Beefy":1w4hu80u said:

great. thats just what i need...

Beefy":ua4xekh3 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":ua4xekh3 said:
Beefy":ua4xekh3 said:

great. thats just what i need...

I have known that for years, but I don't know what you have to do to get it from an armidillo. Kiss it or something?

msscamp":11smc8pa said:
Just_a_girl":11smc8pa said:

They are cute! Coming back from taking Dad lunch in a hay field a day or so ago, Mom and I saw 2 little babies crossing the road - no sign of mom. I wanted to investigate a little further, but Mom wouldn't let me. Today we were laying irrigation pipe, and found 2 baby skunks and their mother in the pipe pile. Dang, those babies were cute! Mom was in one section of pipe, and let her displeasure at being tumbled 2 or 3 times while putting that section of pipe on the trailer known! The pipe area still stinks to high heaven! :lol: :lol:

I bet! :lol:

Ever been chased by one? I have. Made it in the door just in time. Didn't know skunks could run so fast. :lol: That door stunk bad for a long time.

I've seen buffalo wander by the house early one morning while sitting outside drinking coffee. It took a minute to register what I was seeing, then I ran in the house to get my camera. I was not quick enough, they disappeared into a corn field up the road from where the house is. I looked for them, but never found them.

Just_a_girl":cszymru7 said:
msscamp":cszymru7 said:
Just_a_girl":cszymru7 said:

I bet! :lol:

Ever been chased by one? I have. Made it in the door just in time. Didn't know skunks could run so fast. :lol: That door stunk bad for a long time.

I've seen buffalo wander by the house early one morning while sitting outside drinking coffee. It took a minute to register what I was seeing, then I ran in the house to get my camera. I was not quick enough, they disappeared into a corn field up the road from where the house is. I looked for them, but never found them.

No, I didn't know that skunks would chase a person! :eek: It sounds like you have some interesting mornings! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts