ear tags

Help Support CattleToday:

limi chick fitter

Reaction score
since the tag-in for steers.. both my steers have had some crusty stuff around the tag in their ears, so my thought is that i should put neosporin(sp?) around them thinking that they were getting infected? i hope i did the right thing b/c the crust isn't there anymore.. so i was checking my black steer today and ok people from texas who have their steers tagged.. the inside of the ear where the circle tag is, i think its digging into my steers ear. i was looking under the circle tag to check for crust then i saw white so i just started freaking out thinking it was puss.. no im pretty sure its his skin. what to do for that? i can't cut the tag out.. so what should i put there? its a pretty big spot where it's bugging him.

Hydrogen Peroxide...and get the calf smaller halter!

Alice

ok alice, quit bringing up meaningless posts onto another post. i'm trying to drop that stupid subject, can't you? besides, he doesnt wear a halter unless i work with him.

limi chick fitter":37rz8kez said:
ok alice, quit bringing up meaningless posts onto another post. i'm trying to drop that stupid subject, can't you? besides, he doesnt wear a halter unless i work with him.

I didn't happen to find those posts meaningless...in fact I found them to be quite helpful, even tho, since you chose not to give them consideration, you've decided to call stupid and then ignore. So the answer to your question about dropping it is.....probably not. :)

Alice

limi chick fitter":2yfq7603 said:
isnt that the whole point of.. halter breaking? your wanting them to NOT pull back when your walking them right?
Even when a calf is broke, something could still spook him.

But the information has been relayed. It's now up to Chick to choose what she wants to do. Let's drop it.

limi chick fitter":30bl2xsi said:
omg the way that halter was on him at the time, was probably only for 30 minutes. it was moved down after that. big effing deal. drop it kids.

Drop it kids? You are graduating high school in 2007 and refer to me/us as "kids?"

Amazing!

Alice (who is also amazed that anyone is taking the time to offer any suggestions or answers to your questions. Folks, you are better people than I. I commend you.)

i call everyone kids :0) or children.. its quite fun.. (yes i do say it in real life, and im just joking, if you didn't get it)

hey cowboy.. dude.. don't even joke about anybodys mama on here.. that aint even funny.. or anybodys parents for that matter. i could be an orphan for all you know and you could be making fun of my dead mom.

Let's ALL try to keep this an INFORMATION BOARD about SHOW CATTLE. Please use PM or your personal email for foolishness.

I think opinions expressed here are GREAT. Whether I agree with you or not, I at least have another perspective.

Dan

back to the original question that you had about the neosporin, we use it alot for minor infections like that. Someone said to use peroxide, don't because it will discolor the hair.
Now you all can get back to arguing or whatever it was
:?: