Dump trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

If you are patient sometimes you can be lucky. I paid $1,600 CAD for this truck at auction. Don't remember what that was in USD at the time, seems like our dollar was worth more…. nonetheless, I have used this truck for quite a few years now with very minimal upkeep. Moral of the story is that good deals do actually happen time to time.
View attachment 6613
That is a nice truck !!! What kind of auction was it ? Estate, trucking business ?

That is a nice truck !!! What kind of auction was it ? Estate, trucking business ?
It was a local consignment auction, selling all manner of things. It wouldn't start when it was time to sell it, but I had it on good authority that it drove to the sale under its own steam. After the sale I put a battery in it and drove it away.

It was a local consignment auction, selling all manner of things. It wouldn't start when it was time to sell it, but I had it on good authority that it drove to the sale under its own steam. After the sale I put a battery in it and drove it away.
Other than the battery did have to do anything else to it ?

If you are patient sometimes you can be lucky. I paid $1,600 CAD for this truck at auction. Don't remember what that was in USD at the time, seems like our dollar was worth more…. nonetheless, I have used this truck for quite a few years now with very minimal upkeep. Moral of the story is that good deals do actually happen time to time.
View attachment 6613
I'm envious Silver.

Ken

That's what I have been hearing. I have a 96 350F fully extended cab, 460/automatic.

Has a new factory motor and transmission in it. Still have the paper work from a Ford dealership proving the work was done. Runs, good, drives good, cold A.C. has around 50,000 mile on the new motor & tranny.

About all I have been doing with it for the past 5 years is pulling a 9 bale hay liner to move 3 or 400 bales of hay from the feild to a winter pasture.

How much would it be worth. Not too bad looking of a truck for its age, no rust, paint pretty good. Interior would clean up pretty good.

Wife put most of the miles that is on it pulling a 3 horse alumilite goose neck horse trailer.

Only reason for saling is we don't use it anymore.
I'm going to agree with the 5-6k ballpark. Reason being Ford only made the 96 F350 extended cabs in 2wd, and that's going to hurt your value. The crew cabs were available in 4wd and that would boost your value substantially.

Other than the battery did have to do anything else to it ?
Not initially, but there was a clunk in one rear end that I thought was a failing power divider, turned out to be that the seal in in the power divider would allow the oil to slowly leak into the diff. Low oil would cause the sprag to make clunking sounds. Just have to top it up on occasion. Other than that it's just been regular upkeep / minor repairs. A few weeks ago I broke the beam that the airbags sit on, destroying a bag in the process. $200 for a new bag and my sons journeyman welding talents had the old girl up and running in fairly short order.

My farm dumptruck is a f700 my grandma bought me when I started my business in 2001 its gvw is 28,000 I only put tags on it for 3 months during snow season and push with it. I wouldn't sink alot of $ in a truck that's just for the farm cause more often than not it will sit a lot.

My farm dumptruck is a f700 my grandma bought me when I started my business in 2001 its gvw is 28,000 I only put tags on it for 3 months during snow season and push with it. I wouldn't sink alot of $ in a truck that's just for the farm cause more often than not it will sit a lot.
Yeah I know what you mean. Just have to look and see what i can find. Maybe i can luck out find a bargin like Silver did.

Not initially, but there was a clunk in one rear end that I thought was a failing power divider, turned out to be that the seal in in the power divider would allow the oil to slowly leak into the diff. Low oil would cause the sprag to make clunking sounds. Just have to top it up on occasion. Other than that it's just been regular upkeep / minor repairs. A few weeks ago I broke the beam that the airbags sit on, destroying a bag in the process. $200 for a new bag and my sons journeyman welding talents had the old girl up and running in fairly short order.
Shoot thoes weren't no big problems. You come out like a bandit on that deal.

Thanks Shell, Bigbear56 had suggested that same link and I saw a truck sale on it a few days ago.

That was an accident where i posted under another topic. Was meant to be a pm to Sky but I guess I was still looking at a message in another topic and it posted there instead of going to sky.

Our dump truck is a 1949 Ford. Starts quickly after sitting. It's been from SW MT to SE MT and now WY. It's probably the only vehicle that doesn't owe us a cent. I think we have bought 2 new front tires for it. A JD dealer in Dillon, Mt knew we were looking and he called and said a guy just pulled in with a dump truck on the top and did we want it. $750 and we have used it for 40 years or more. We never did license it and now we've lost the title. The name on the door says "JB Seward" so we've called it "JB" since we bought it. IT'S TOUGH! Worse thing that has happened to it, the mice chewed the seat.

Our dump truck is a 1949 Ford. Starts quickly after sitting. It's been from SW MT to SE MT and now WY. It's probably the only vehicle that doesn't owe us a cent. I think we have bought 2 new front tires for it. A JD dealer in Dillon, Mt knew we were looking and he called and said a guy just pulled in with a dump truck on the top and did we want it. $750 and we have used it for 40 years or more. We never did license it and now we've lost the title. The name on the door says "JB Seward" so we've called it "JB" since we bought it. IT'S TOUGH! Worse thing that has happened to it, the mice chewed the seat.
You got a bargain there and your money back several times over too. Hope I get half that lucky.

You should be able to get a title bond. You would have to go through a bond company.

Or if you ever transfer title only or still have contact to the people you purchased it from you can file for a lost title. Why bother if you haven't in 40 years just another thing to pay taxes and insurance on.

Them dang mice always chewing up my shoot. They like to get in my rides chew up the good wires and crap.

You should be able to get a title bond. You would have to go through a bond company.

Or if you ever transfer title only or still have contact to the people you purchased it from you can file for a lost title. Why bother if you haven't in 40 years just another thing to pay taxes and insurance on.

Them dang mice always chewing up my shoot. They like to get in my rides chew up the good wires and crap.
At our age, it can be someone's else's problem. 🤣

You can tag a vehicle for only 3 months in VA? We have to tag for a year and if there is a Gap, you have to sign an affidavit that it was not driven on road during the other times.

They don't do that in Kentucky.
But I will tell ya'll a funny not so funny story. I trade a car for a trailer brazier back in 2013. This car was the "Devil" from the beginning. In short I signed the title said Farewell. 4 years or so later I get a letter in the mail saying they were going to suspense my driver license unless I paid where I had wreck this car without insurance in Tennessee. 😟🤨🤔 wait what!? The "DEVIL" first I couldn't believe it still ran, nor the person had transferred it and been driving around all them years with no insurances or tags. WOW is an under statement!! Turns out the guy I trained re sold the car on Craigs without a title. Yada yada yada yada beeped beeped beep beep. 😊 they wouldn't give me any information about the wreck where the car was nothing. Cops said if I did find the car it was still in my name it was still mine. Weird... and it be bad karma to take it being the other guy and me traded. I tracked the new guy down he was a super nice guy. He signed a statement it was his car, he didn't have insurance and wreck it he pay for it got it out of the b.s. Tennessee is different, they don't require car insurance. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Latest posts