MANURE STICKING IN DUMP BED

Help Support CattleToday:

Ridgefarmer63

Reaction score
Hello All,

Spent good part of this last weekend shipping dairy manure to various hayfields with my new to me F650. I put higher sides on it and had the tailgate raised/modified to a manure tailgate.

It can move 9-10 yards. Everything worked great with the exception of dumping it out. A decent amount was getting stuck in dump body.

The dairy farmer said he has seen a fair amount of people showing up with their beds lined with plastic sheets/etc. He was talking about HMW or UHMW poly that was bolted to the sides and floor.

Anyone have any experience/feedback on this idea.

I also spent a fair amount of time waiting for the dump bed to lower (2-3 minutes) until I realized I have down pressure so it sure helps to keep the PTO running.... Sometimes I wonder how I made it to 58.

Might go to your local restaurant and get some old cooking oil (like folks use to get for processing for diesel engines). Put in a pump up sprayer and spray before each load.

Only downfall is the truck is used to haul gravel too. Not sure how well this would hold up to gravel.
It's not a permanent coating. It must be periodically reapplied, even for it's original intended purpose. Gravel would certainly require a reapplication before poop would slide out again. Think of it as prune juice for dump trucks.
It is sold in much smaller quantities as well. For smallish aircraft, one quart is enough to cover the entire exterior surface twice. I would guess the surface area of your dump bed is less than an aircraft. Probably get 4-6 poop hauling adventures out of it.
For your application, I'd brush it on with a big paint brush or foam brush. Smear it so there isn't any excess and let it dry. Should last the duration of your poop hauling season, until you haul something abrasive.

We keep old aircraft windshields and let the grandkids use them as snow sleds. A coating of this stuff makes them look like they have cartoon streaks behind them.

Poly liner, box vibrator, bang the tailgate, spray the inside each load, etc. Some work better than others just depends how much money you want to spend.
Yes to all of these plus I would add spray some laundry detergent on the floor and sides to help with sticking before every load. A vibrator would shake it out for sure but your looking at around $1k installed

Hello All,

Spent good part of this last weekend shipping dairy manure to various hayfields with my new to me F650. I put higher sides on it and had the tailgate raised/modified to a manure tailgate.

It can move 9-10 yards. Everything worked great with the exception of dumping it out. A decent amount was getting stuck in dump body.

The dairy farmer said he has seen a fair amount of people showing up with their beds lined with plastic sheets/etc. He was talking about HMW or UHMW poly that was bolted to the sides and floor.

Anyone have any experience/feedback on this idea.

I also spent a fair amount of time waiting for the dump bed to lower (2-3 minutes) until I realized I have down pressure so it sure helps to keep the PTO running.... Sometimes I wonder how I made it to 58.
A few easy things to do to make a dump bed slide easier without breaking the bank or buying a liner although the plastic liners work great. If you take a half or quarter loader bucket full of coarse sand before loading the truck and make sure it's spread around it will usually slide right out when the bed is up. When diesel was cheap we also would spray the bed with a light coating of that, we have since changed to using old transmission fluid because I can get it free. You or your farmwer may not like that product mixed in, but in reality it is a very small amount so you could probably source some old fryer grease from restaurants or donut shops