Dumb and dead

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1qhozans said:
I caught a 7lb channel cat out of my pond Sunday evening Hook. I'd have more of 'em and bigger ones if I could ever find someone willing to fish down the bass population. Them big mouths eat everything that moves.
That's a pretty good sized channel cat greybeard. I don't like them to much when they get that big, the 2lb ones cook up better. I don't think the bass are hurting your catfish numbers. The cats can't raise in a pond so when you catch them out you have to restock them.
Sorry about the hijack Hook but I'd rather talk about fish than dead cows.

herefordlover":3lfxpzff said:
Do u all check your hooks offen so the fish dont suffer or drown? Lol it just poped in my head

Sometimes I don't even put a hook on the line. That way no fish is injured and I don't get interupted by some dumb fish while seriously relaxing in the sun with a cold one.

Dave":pv307xcx said:
herefordlover":pv307xcx said:
Do u all check your hooks offen so the fish dont suffer or drown? Lol it just poped in my head

Sometimes I don't even put a hook on the line. That way no fish is injured and I don't get interupted by some dumb fish while seriously relaxing in the sun with a cold one.
You can "fish" with me anytime Dave. :nod:

Dave":kgr5rx62 said:
herefordlover":kgr5rx62 said:

HOOK, what is this hook deal you're talkingabout. I just tie bait to the end of the line.

dun":hrrbj71z said:
Dave":hrrbj71z said:
herefordlover":hrrbj71z said:

HOOK, what is this hook deal you're talkingabout. I just tie bait to the end of the line.
Hooks are for beginners.

I figure that there are two seperate reasons to go fishing. The first is for relaxation. The second is for food. If you want relaxation you just take a fishing pole for an excuse. So why bother to attempt to actually catch a fish. Just kick back and relax and enjoy your time off. Just hang out in the sun or the shade (your choice) and enjoy a cold drink. If food is the issue there are much more effect and less time consuming methods than a hook and line. The first two that come to mind are dynomite and nets. Why leave food gathering up to chance and the whims of a hungry fish? I have also used a high capacity 22 for salmon running in a shallow stream. Worked pretty darn good to fill a large smoke house full of fish.

A bed time story:
Despite going to that same property 4 times this week ( 3 days in a row even)I had a 8 month bred cow get down. Same one that had the respiratory issue. it seemed she was doing good then went down fast. We went over today to check on her (day 2 of being down) and upon seeing that she was not getting better even with meds, water and feed, I read her a bedtime story ( goodnight moon) and put her down at the end of the story. Maybe I should have read to her more. Dang hostile environments

It's your turn to call a truce Hook. You don't need anymore practice killing cows. Hopefully it will be years before you lose another one.
I went 4 years once without any cattle dying, that's my record so far.

Latest posts