Drought relief yet??

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
Have any of you folks in the drought areas had any rain yet? Looks like OK has been getting a bit. I know east OK has. How 'bout you folks in TX?

I have had a couple inches over the last six weeks. 45 minutes north of me they have had 9 inches in that same period. I'm supposed to get more tonight and again next week.

9 INCHES!! My wife was proud to get 3.1" last week :banana: , last Monday night I believe. We had a bit over an inch the week before, and looks like a good system moving through in the next 36 hours. Where bouts are you in OK Iso?

Isomade":2afwkejo said:
I have had a couple inches over the last six weeks. 45 minutes north of me they have had 9 inches in that same period. I'm supposed to get more tonight and again next week.

Hey...that's the same amount I've gotten in the past 11 months and 14 days.....

We have gotten 4 or 5 very small rains down here near Houston...picked up a total of 1.5 inches over the last four weeks....they are calling for 1-3 inches today and that will be very welcome rainfall if it actually makes it down to us....North of town has picked up 4 or 5 inches with the last few cold fronts, but it always seems to stall out right at I-10...being south of I-10 we have gotten very little....We have 135 acres of rye grass that has barely grown the last 3 weeks and 160 acres of Ducks Unlimited Ponds primed and ready for a great hatch this year and no water. :( Could not even buy it this year if you wanted it. If we get a rain I will have grass! Cant wait for the storms! I could use a full 10 inches and not complain one bit.

We've been bless with 8 inches scattered throughout October and another 8/10 of an inch on November 8th. The pastures that we overseeded with ryegrass are incredibly green and lush. On some high ground that's stayed above freezing, there's still some green grass, mostly common bermuda. We stopped feeding hay almost 3 weeks ago :D ; we started haying in August. :( My hopes and prayers are that we can hold off on haying again until some time close to the first of the year. I know we aren't out of the woods yet but I'm incredibly thankful for what we've received so far. It's the "greenest" things have been all year.

Several weeks back I got just under 9 inches at the farm and about 7 at the house 20 miles away. I am no longer having to haul water to the cows.

This was kind of one of those, "When it rains it pours" scenarios. The pastures needed a drink but they need it on a regular basis. This drought will take a while to recover from as far as pastures go.

Not having to haul water to the cows day in and day out has been a blessing.

Picked up about an inch the last hour and a half....looks like maybe another hour of hit and miss then it's twiddle your thumbs till the next time it decides to rain....

This should revive the oats that hasn't already died......bring up whatever oats and ryegrass that never germinated....and keep me from hauling off another load of cows tomorrow.

Got some rain here and there. I have seen the ponds start to fill again, but not full. It will take a long time and a lot of rain to get us out of this. My goodness it was dry and hot...

Lammie":3m2kqz50 said:
Isomade":3m2kqz50 said:
I'm in Bryan County, about 15 miles from the Red River.
\
OMG! All my family live in Bryan County.
Lammie if your anything like your family that I know your good folk in my book. ;-)

Isomade":2rzzm217 said:
Lammie":2rzzm217 said:
Isomade":2rzzm217 said:
I'm in Bryan County, about 15 miles from the Red River.
\
OMG! All my family live in Bryan County.
Lammie if your anything like your family that I know your good folk in my book. ;-)

My Oklahoma family means the world to me. Best people on earth. Best. I hope to retire there if I ever get all my kids grown. One more to go. We want to relocate when he is done with college. One more year of high school...

Latest posts