Drake Simmentals Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

showme

Reaction score
I got the book in today. That is some of the best set of Simmentals I have seen in a sale :shock: . I think there is one lot that I would not spend money on and that is lot #41. I just can't belive how nice those cattle are I think I found the right place for a Simmental heifer. :D :D

Drake has some good stuff! I'm running a Drake Stress Free bull right now that I really like. Prices will probably be high, but doesn't hurt to go! You never know when a deal will come by

SC Take a look a this bulls numbers and tell if you think he will be a good choice for my AI source for my Angus cows.

7SM38 DS SIX SHOOTER 3H
HE is listed on the select sires site also.

C HOLLAND":2zj80hns said:
SC Take a look a this bulls numbers and tell if you think he will be a good choice for my AI source for my Angus cows.

7SM38 DS SIX SHOOTER 3H
HE is listed on the select sires site also.

I dont know if you are trying to be a Smart A** about this question, but I dont really like him. Doesn't look like he has that much volume and could use some depth of flank. I do like that he is big footed and long bodied.

what would make you think I was being a smart a*** as you call it.

I was asking a serious question, but thanks anyway

Because people ask me about crap like that and then they bs with me and drag it on. Sorry for throwing that out at you. I do like Dream On he is a Simmental bull and I like lots of his calves.

Simmies have been selling well here in Australia. Never got around to doing a separate post. In recent weeks bulls have sold to $14,000 and a couple of weeks ago one made $10,000. Most of these northern sales of the breed the bulls have been going into Brahman herds with the occasional one going back into a Simmental herd.
There are two Simmental dispersals coming up way down south in Victoria. Well performed in the showring type studs.
One of the studs to disperse had most of the champions at the recent Melbourne Royal Show.

C HOLLAND":3ip0aqfq said:
what would make you think I was being a smart a*** as you call it.

Because he thinks everyone is out to get him, and he is very immature.

Beefy":1ta3qsc7 said:
you never know...

True...Im sure he stays up late at night worrying about all the Cattle Today people who will make accusations toward him. Stephen, truthfully I have nothing against you if I knew you in real life I would say we would probably be friends because we both are into cattle. Im sure you know a great deal about cattle and Brangus, that is great. Farming is a great thing and Im glad to see young people like yourself and me included into cattle, but come on man this whole thing of you being so easily offended is getting old.

SCfarms":1r8335v3 said:
Trust me I dont lose any sleep at night.

You will as you age and the fruits of your labors multiply.

thats what i was going to say!
you will, but it wont be over cattletoday.

have fun sawing logs while you can.

Beefy":3p5t11cz said:
thats what i was going to say!
you will, but it wont be over cattletoday.

have fun sawing logs while you can.

Exactly.

C Holland - Six Shooter has great numbers - he's Homo Black & Homo Polled - got everything you would want on paper. Not real excited about how he looks - seems to lack rear muscling, not a lot of guts and is a little sloppy in the front end. But tons of length. If you have the older thick muscled type of Angus (most I see now a days have narrow butts) he might work fine for you.
Yes, Dream On (an ABS bull) looks good. I'm sampling him, will have some calves in a few weeks.
Of course, my Macho bull is available AI :shock: :D

Latest posts