Dozers and Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Wondering if any of y'all have the same problem with this and if so know what the deal is. I've been dozin out a couple fence rows and the cows come running as soon as they here the tracks moving. They start eating the leaves off the trees as soon as I push them down and won't get out of the dang way. Heck there might be a few cows or calves in the piles, I got tired of waiting on them to move. I would have fenced them out but I was pushing out cross fences to replace them. :bang:

Lucky":8ubgo6kl said:
Wondering if any of y'all have the same problem with this and if so know what the deal is. I've been dozin out a couple fence rows and the cows come running as soon as they here the tracks moving. They start eating the leaves off the trees as soon as I push them down and won't get out of the dang way. Heck there might be a few cows or calves in the piles, I got tired of waiting on them to move. I would have fenced them out but I was pushing out cross fences to replace them. :bang:
Their like Visa..... every where you want to be....except the catch pen..

Yep I have had the same issues. They'll come running and start eating oak leaves like they haven't eaten for a month. They will move where I move.

Yep, especially with sweet gum and yaupon and even those pointy American Holley leaves. (They won't touch greenbrier or tallow tho)

The problem we have is them trying to eat the equipment! They seem to really like hydraulic fluid :???:

JW IN VA":26i52b9z said:
What type of mineral do you feed?Could it be they lack something?Not saying they do,just wondering.

Right now they could probably use some grass!! It's been really dry here. I don't think it's anything thry need because it's not like I'm pushing trees into the pasture they're in I'm just pushing them down. They'll stand in front of pile and walk sideways eating leaves while you push it. Just a bunch of irritators. I started to stop a few time and wait till they left.

Lucky":2wpqj3qu said:
JW IN VA":2wpqj3qu said:
What type of mineral do you feed?Could it be they lack something?Not saying they do,just wondering.

Right now they could probably use some grass!! It's been really dry here. I don't think it's anything thry need because it's not like I'm pushing trees into the pasture they're in I'm just pushing them down. They'll stand in front of pile and walk sideways eating leaves while you push it. Just a bunch of irritators. I started to stop a few time and wait till they left.

You probably know this but don't let them have access to any wilted wild cherry leaves.

Haven't heard about the cherry leaves. I was pushing boisdarc, cedar, honey locust, and hackberry trees down. They mainly eat the locust and boisdarc leaves. Honey Locust spread like you wouldn't believe around here. Good thing they're easy to kill.

Latest posts