downed cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Calm down Bez. No a-hole comments used. Some of the people, believe it or not, are lucky to get around as much as they do on the computers. Theres still alot of people computer illiterate out there..

Come on folks......his posts were way beyond a few misspelled words. I too had to read and reread the posts several times before I could make any sense from them. It's not just spelling, but misuse of capital letters, sentence structure and numerous other mistakes. None of us mind a little mispelled words as long as we can get the idea of the post, but you have to admit that his posts did take more than one glance to comprehend. I also am not an English major by any means, but if even I notice it's wrong, then it must really be out of whack!

I can tell you from recent experience that rolling something that large over takes more than two people. Mine might of been a bull but cows are no light weights either. You will know if they are done as they just don't try anymore. As for the bedsores. What out. Mine got one on the upper part of his neck not his hips as I would of expected. HE too tried to stand without luck. As for lifting try the hip lifters, your vet may have some you can use. Ours did but they don't fit bulls.
I did find that ours ate and drank better when on stomach as easier to swallow, would eat a few cubes on side and I pushed hay in his mouth. Be careful they do bite and it hurts a lot.
I had to quit as I could not keep it up any longer as I work 12 night shifts and neighbors were getting tired of me calling. My vet was worthless too.
Best wishes as I do not wish this on anyone.
Tears your heart out.

ok have a Few Spelling Well alot. this is because i talk alot on Aim and msn mesanger. i type very fast and dont look back i have this problem. i also have a bad habit of putting random capitals.

Ill try to slow down and type out words and just not blow there them as i normaly do.

TheLazyM":oa3ze499 said:
guys i've been thinking about this cow floating thing. i got to wondering if we can use our pounds. use a front end loader then put her in a pound. yall think it'll work?
how big is your tractor, how much can it lift, and how much does the cow way..... what proof do you have?

Ranchcop":13yfn9nd said:
TheLazyM":13yfn9nd said:
guys i've been thinking about this cow floating thing. i got to wondering if we can use our pounds. use a front end loader then put her in a pound. yall think it'll work?
how big is your tractor, how much can it lift, and how much does the cow way..... what proof do you have?

Lazy M you sound like your thinking maybe an organic tractor can't pick up a 1200 pound cow. Or organic cow's might weigh 1600 pounds till they get to the salebarn scales.

Ranchcop":6eataved said:
TheLazyM":6eataved said:
Ok - I have been following this thread all the way through. Now I'm lost. Proof for what? I took this for a serious question. I had never thought of floating a cow before this thread. I know they put people in pools for some types of therapy. If you have the inclination to do such a thing for cows, I don't see any reason not to come up with something that works for you. I don't understand what proof is needed.

By the way - I'm with Bez and the others who would like to see spelling improved by some. I don't mind some misspelling but this one was beyond bad spelling. I also had to reread several times before I could come close to guessing what was being said. Something closely resembling an actual sentence helps. I'm sure this person doesn't speak in chopped up ways so why write choppy.

Beefy":2ull5fso said:
i dont know if they will take cows at the pound?

I don't think the cages are large enough. Of course, I guess they could split the animal between cages, but that could get a little messy.

I wonder what the adoption fee is? I may have to ask to be put on a list so I don't miss the 7 days. Oh wait - do they require the animal be fixed like the humane society does?

forget the pond, next time we get a cow down, the kids will come home and it will be floating in their swimming pool, put one of those plastic duck rings around its head and float away :)

aplusmnt":20vljatw said:
forget the pond, next time we get a cow down, the kids will come home and it will be floating in their swimming pool, put one of those plastic duck rings around its head and float away :)

Stop this visual!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Farmhand, if they require spaying that could cause a little bit of a problem, alright! :p

Here I was thinking I'd come up with a great way to get cheap cows, then remembered the spaying rule. Now that just plumb blew my idea out of the water. :D

well we cant have cows running around in the streets in heat with bulls chasing her. or calving under peoples houses. or eating out of people's garbage cans.

Latest posts