down in the dumps?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
What food to you eat when you are all down in the dumps, make you feel better?

Mine is fattening food such as cinnamon rolls, or those Haribo gummi bears.

GMN

We go out to eat when one of us is feeling down. It's not so much what we eat as it is getting out of the house for awhile.

cattleluvr18":191ajevl said:
i dont eat when im down in the dumps.

Then what do you do?

Sometimes I just go outside and do stuff instead also, or sleep off my bad mood. It doesn't last long, and the next day is another day!

Gail

GMN":visotbr1 said:
What food to you eat when you are all down in the dumps, make you feel better?

Mine is fattening food such as cinnamon rolls, or those Haribo gummi bears.

GMN

Chocolate. What do I eat when I'm happy? Chocolate. :D

I plan things. Trips, camp-outs, etc. It gives me something to look forward to.

For example, my nephews come in every year for our Memorial Day camp-out. It is a good time to return thanks for what our ancestors did for us, and have a good all around time together as family. I really look forward to that each year.

Try planning a special weekend trip for October or soemthing like that and treat yourself to it when the time comes.

i dont really have any comfort foods. comfort drinks on the other hand, are a different matter.

Comfort food - Bez> style:

A couple pounds of any kind of steak - more is better - remember volume counts when eating comfort food - cheapest cut the better - I am becoming addicted to those 4 pound blade steaks - BBQ with any kind of garlic sauce - throw on some heavy salt and pepper - nothing else required.

Rare is good, medium is good and so is well done - I simply do not care - as long as it is BBQ'd beef. Some stores actually have the nerve to call those big blade steaks ... roasts!

No self respecting piece of beef under 10 pounds should be called a roast!!

Forget the vegetables - only weenies eat them! 8) This is 'cause I am pisssed at the world.

A couple of beers on the side - I am in heaven.

Dessert - any kind of ice cream but preferably vanilla covered in maple syrup and cashews.

Fortunately this is not an everyday occurence!

Bez>

GMN":122v2chf said:
cattleluvr18":122v2chf said:
i dont eat when im down in the dumps.

Then what do you do?

Sometimes I just go outside and do stuff instead also, or sleep off my bad mood. It doesn't last long, and the next day is another day!

Gail
throw a big trantrom:throw stuff, mouth off, scream, break items

no im totally just jokin i wouldnt do that

i try to get away from it all if possible. i enjoy goin down and brushin my horse or my favorite heifer. i cant 'sleep it off' ill just wake up grouchier. or ill rant about it to a friend.

Comfort food ~ chicken and dumplings, not tiny dumplings HUGE dumplings and thick broth, like gravy not water OR anything my husband makes cause he's feeling bad for me :). I don;t know if other people do this but we have winter/summer food. For example meatloaf is winter NOT summer, BLT's summer NOT winter....

angie":g2glnwk4 said:
Comfort food ~ chicken and dumplings, not tiny dumplings HUGE dumplings and thick broth, like gravy not water OR anything my husband makes cause he's feeling bad for me :). I don;t know if other people do this but we have winter/summer food. For example meatloaf is winter NOT summer, BLT's summer NOT winter....

Yep, we got winter/summer food too. Hot chocolate-winter drink, apple pie-fall food, etc..

Must be a Canadian thing, 'cause the first thing I thought of was a big steak, bit of garlic salt OR hickory rub on it and done on the BBQ....grape juice over crushed ice, and ice cream. Gosh....can't remember when I last had that...oh ya, last night!!

Food doesn;t do it. Watching the claves play, that does it for me

Gotta go with my version of the chicken fried steak. Flour, salt, pepper and brown it on both sides real quick then finish it off in the oven smothered in onions. While it's baking, make some gravy in the brownin' skillet, mash a few taters and lock the doors - wouldn't want to share this feast!

VanC":tnxhyg80 said:
Bez>":tnxhyg80 said:
any kind of ice cream but preferably vanilla covered in maple syrup

Bez>

Now you're talking! I do this all the time and my wife thinks I'm nuts.

That is a new thing, maple syrup on ice cream, I'm gonna try that.

Gail

Latest posts