dove recipes

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score
Going to have a good bunch of doves this year it looks like. Usually after a few days the wife has enough of them. I like em just fine plucked , rolled in flour and pan fried.
Breasted, Wrapped in bacon covered in bbq sauce and grilled is real good. Course my left boot would be ok that way.
Anybody got anything different?

Stuff the breast with cream cheese, put in a jalapeño, wrap with bacon and cook on the grill.
Thousands are cooked that way here every September.
I don't like jalapeño but I just pick them off.

I put them in a seasoning called oven fry but I mix in graded parmesan in the mix and baked mine they were good. I have injected mine with teriyaki sauce and grilled that was good too...

Pop the breast salt pepper and flour drop In a cooker of hot grease. Don't over cook them. Med rare is best. Cheese grits, mashed potatoes and gravy with cat head biscuits. Is the best way to eat them. Next day you can put leftovers in gravy and enjoy it that way. I'd be pissed off if I went some where to eat doves as and they weren't fried.

M-5":3v10jzqc said:
Pop the breast salt pepper and flour drop In a cooker of hot grease. Don't over cook them. Med rare is best. Cheese grits, mashed potatoes and gravy with cat head biscuits. Is the best way to eat them. Next day you can put leftovers in gravy and enjoy it that way. I'd be be nice off if I went some where to eat doves as and they weren't fried.
Never in my life have I seen them fried.
Always bacon wrapped and on the grill. The cream cheese and jalapeño are from the last 10 or 15 years.

We've ate em fried my whole life. Wrapping in bacon on the grill started about 10 years ago. We use bbq sauce, probably try the cream cheese this year. The mushroom soup thing sounds good. Mushroom soup is kinda liked bacon. Makes anything good.

Mushroom gravy is good on them. Also had them where they are throwed in crock pot with bbq sauce and slow cooked thats good too. Think ive had bacon wrapped, but never tried the cream cheese and pepper, that sounds good though. Mom made a dove pot pie one time that was horrible.

jedstivers":3l14jniw said:
Stuff the breast with cream cheese, put in a jalapeño, wrap with bacon and cook on the grill.
Thousands are cooked that way here every September.
I don't like jalapeño but I just pick them off.

X2

I'll never fry another one.

M-5":38ha8ss1 said:
Pop the breast salt pepper and flour drop In a cooker of hot grease. Don't over cook them. Med rare is best. Cheese grits, mashed potatoes and gravy with cat head biscuits. Is the best way to eat them. Next day you can put leftovers in gravy and enjoy it that way. I'd be be nice off if I went some where to eat doves as and they weren't fried.

What is left overs? :mrgreen:

Latest posts