Quail recipes?

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy

Reaction score
Someone offered me Japanese quails for sale and lot of button quail males for free. I have never cook a quail before. Any good recipes?

I was raised eating quail and lots of them. We hunted every day we could and put alot in the freezer every yr. We still eat quite a few . we buy them at Harveys 24 qty for about 25bucks when on sale and they are good. Always fried with just salt pepper flour and hot grease.

As mentioned earlier, plucked, rolled in flour
in a big cast iron skillet. Use the drippings to make milk gravy. Soft fried taters. Home made biscuits.

My grandma used to make them for my Grandpa and me for breakfast. Good stuff.

Quail was a breakfast food at our house as well. Fried of course. Cat head biscuits and gravy. Quail season is always during tobacco strippin. I always associate eating them with cold mornings, and stripping tobacco.

M-5":14p95ulj said:
I was raised eating quail and lots of them. We hunted every day we could and put alot in the freezer every yr. We still eat quite a few . we buy them at Harveys 24 qty for about 25bucks when on sale and they are good. Always fried with just salt pepper flour and hot grease.

x2

Latest posts