Dove Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":1n9j5ydi said:
We do a hunt every year in Centrail Texas. Got a few here birds here and there. Drank, bar b qed, shot skeet.... it was a great hunt in my book. :)
That sounds great Brute... to me, that's what hunting is truly all about. The fellowship and good times that accompany such events!

Brute 23":3m3xz75d said:
We do a hunt every year in Centrail Texas. Got a few here birds here and there. Drank, bar b qed, shot skeet.... it was a great hunt in my book. :)

It's not always about drawing blood but making lasting memories is where its at. I am with you on that one Brute

skyhightree1":a3bij58s said:
TN Cattle Man":a3bij58s said:
It has been a little cooler these last couple of days... looking forward to busting some birds on Sunday after church!! :banana:

I wish we could hunt here on sundays...

:shock: :shock: He11 Fr. Ed goes after the last service on Sunday. :lol2: :lol2: I'll go and drink beer with you and even buy the beer but seems foolish to spend $20 of ammo for a quarter pound of meat that's worthless unless you wrap it in "Bacon". :lol2: :lol2: But I hear shooting all around everyday since 9/1.

TexasBred":1mpba5d4 said:
skyhightree1":1mpba5d4 said:
TN Cattle Man":1mpba5d4 said:
It has been a little cooler these last couple of days... looking forward to busting some birds on Sunday after church!! :banana:

I wish we could hunt here on sundays...

:shock: :shock: be nice Fr. Ed goes after the last service on Sunday. :lol2: :lol2: I'll go and drink beer with you and even buy the beer but seems foolish to spend $20 of ammo for a quarter pound of meat that's worthless unless you wrap it in "Bacon". :lol2: :lol2: But I hear shooting all around everyday since 9/1.

If you honed your shooting skill's you wouldn't spend near as much per pound.

Almost got another limit today. I found 12, and Knocked 2 more down that I couldn't find. Going again at daylight in the morning. They didn't seem to like the Mojo's today for some reason, it was strange.

tripleBfarms":2szl5goy said:
Almost got another limit today. I found 12, and Knocked 2 more down that I couldn't find. Going again at daylight in the morning. They didn't seem to like the Mojo's today for some reason, it was strange.

I only got 5 this morning they weren't flying well today.
These decoyed right in. Didn't hear much shooting this morning.
TB those 5 took 7 shots.

Caustic Burno":1gp875xa said:
tripleBfarms":1gp875xa said:

I only got 5 this morning they weren't flying well today.
These decoyed right in. Didn't hear much shooting this morning.
TB those 5 took 7 shots.

:clap: I killed my 12 with 12 shots.........The other 2 boxes all missed :D

Goes back to my youth get ready to go squirrel hunting Dad would give me two shell's sometimes four. That made you draw a mighty fine bead. Now I am lazy and don't want to reload a bunch.
I won't hardly shoot at a bird coming straight at me, I will miss that bird 3 out 4 times.
Crossing or going away he is most likely going in the skillet.

Caustic Burno":2ha1p5ks said:
If you honed your shooting skill's you wouldn't spend near as much per pound.

The $20 worth of shells doesn't bother me. It's the quarter pound of meat that gets me. But your'e right. My shooting skills on doves is not very good. Never had much chance to hunt doves or quail. My dad was probably much like your's CB. Make every shot count. Squirrel hunting has always been my first love.