Dove Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Has anyone been dove hunting yet? Our dove season opened up this week and its been way too hot for my taste to hunt in.

Sky, our Dove season started on the 1st... agree with you about the weather! We did "fair" on opening day but I feel that the season should get a lot better in the next 2-3 weeks.

Going to a friends farm this weekend to shoot over a prepared field... sunflowers. Should be a great hunt!

The heat is unbearable atleast IMO we are cutting corn and see tons of them flying over so when it gets more mild I will be going then. but by the time that happens bow season will be here probably. lol fair is better than bad lol

Limomike":3g3ak5f4 said:
Havent been hunting, but the dove are thick this year..

I agree there is alot more doves this year than any other I can remember. I really don't have to go to a cornfield to hunt them i can sit in my driveway and pluck them off as they fly over to land on the powerlines beside my house.

I have been everyday since the 1st.
Have a trip planed next weekend out to central Texas.
I have killed a pile of the little turbo devils since Sunday. With the lack of water here get by a stock tank in the morning or evening and get ready for action. Lot of doves little water makes for good shooting.

We killed 5 limits on Monday. The best hunt I've ever been on. We Literally couldn't keep out guns loaded fast enough. I've been torn up every since and dying to go back. :D

tripleBfarms":q4b7fmng said:
We killed 5 limits on Monday. The best hunt I've ever been on. We Literally couldn't keep out guns loaded fast enough. I've been torn up every since and dying to go back. :D

They are coming in so close to get to water here I have cylinder choke in one barrel and skeet in the other.

Caustic Burno":36f702e8 said:
tripleBfarms":36f702e8 said:

They are coming in so close to get to water here I have cylinder choke in one barrel and skeet in the other.

I have a skeet barrell on my Remington 1100. We had some Mojo doves set up and it was just like bees coming to honey. I'd say most shots were 20-30 yards. The Mojo is the shiz :nod:

tripleBfarms":1j23zlaz said:
[We had some Mojo doves set up and it was just like bees coming to honey. I'd say most shots were 20-30 yards. The Mojo is the shiz :nod:

I have never used a decoy ... I just hunted our corn fields figured that was good enough.

I set my son up near a dead tree on one of my pounds. I figured. He could limb a few there he want shoot them off a limb. He has actually managed to kill a few in the air. I had to run by and get him a couple more boxes of shells this afternoon. I think he must be sky blasting any dove in sight. He must love it. He has only squirrel hunted once since season came in.

Bigfoot":140i8mdk said:
I set my son up near a dead tree on one of my pounds. I figured. He could limb a few there he want shoot them off a limb. He has actually managed to kill a few in the air. I had to run by and get him a couple more boxes of shells this afternoon. I think he must be sky blasting any dove in sight. He must love it. He has only squirrel hunted once since season came in.

Thats good stuff how old is your son?

It has been a little cooler these last couple of days... looking forward to busting some birds on Sunday after church!! :banana:

TN Cattle Man":2dui05zs said:
It has been a little cooler these last couple of days... looking forward to busting some birds on Sunday after church!! :banana:

I wish we could hunt here on sundays...