Don ,t you just hate this when it happens (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie

Reaction score
normal_eb1.jpg

It would be a mess , the guys that own the John Deere decided on a little shortcut..Stright down. :lol:

i guess theres more than one way to get things exported to china...

just a couple weeks ago, that was my Oliver 770. The Mrs. was taking the second cutting of ditch hay with it. As was the neighbor across the road, with his NEW mower conditioner, and NEW bi-directional Ford. My ditch was wet, so I told her to wait till the neighbor left, to suppress the embarassment of my antique equipment. Well, she wanted to head down the road a couple miles, so I decide, I'll go out there quick and knock it down for her. I get stuck! Like it's not embarassing enough to mow across from a neighbor like that, but then when he has to come over to pull you out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frenchie":2m33h7sr said:

frenchie

When I was working in the oil patch a fella' with a pretty good sized Hi-Hoe dropped himself into the muskeg during the coldest part of the winter.

When the company that owned it brought in a D-8 to help get it out - it went in as well.

Environment made them take them out.

Built a swamp mat road up to the site - let everything freeze - used Prima cord to bust up the ice and scoop like crazy with a small Hoe on swamp tracks. Took them almost 10 days to get them out.

I should have learned from that - dropped my quad into the muck and it is still there - nearly 10 years later. I was lucky to not go down with it. Impossible to get them out when the muskeg opens up and then closes in behind the machine. Nearly did the same thing with my Tundra Ski-doo - got lucky that time! Bought a new quad over the radio telephone on my credit card - back in business the next day.

Gotta' love that deep mud and muskeg.

Bez'

Don't feel bad I wedged our 4430 with 15 ft batwing in a dry creek last weekend trying to take a shortcut. Had to get the neighbor to come pull me out backwards. :oops:

bout got the 4460 stuck plowing last year!!! plowing along great everything looked dryer than a bone! all the sudden the tractor lugs down and starts blowing smoke mud starts a flying and I mean to tell you it looked DRY!! i jerked the plow out of the ground and went to rockin it to get the gol durn thing out!!! I left ruts with my gol durn drawbar. awful Alkali!!! awful stuff!! The 9200 cruised right through it I saw dad he was lauging the whole time he was plowing my ruts under. Didnt clump or anything.... My dad got a kick out of it though! i flippered him off and he giggled even harder... :D ;-)

:cboy: :cboy:

When you bury them like that, how do you get them out?

My Uncle showed me a little trick when we got his JD stuck in the middle of a 70 ac. sweet potato field with now way to get another tractor or wench truck to it.

Well Conager, please share (just in case it ever rains here again) I would like to learn, since I am always getting in to some sort of trouble....

Conagher":33raigvn said:
When you bury them like that, how do you get them out?

My Uncle showed me a little trick when we got his JD stuck in the middle of a 70 ac. sweet potato field with now way to get another tractor or wench truck to it.

Winch them out with a skidder..

O.K. sidney411, I'll share but a little disclaimer first: I am not recommending or suggesting, only sharing. Thus, not responsible for damage to equipment or person.

So here is what he showed me; I've used it several times with success. Get two strong, straight poles (I usually cut a few elm trees approx. 5" dia.). They need to be long enough to extend past the back tires and beyond the front tires. Lay one pole on each side, parallel to the tractor, up against the front and back wheels on each side. Take a heavy log chain and run it under the tractor in front of the back tires to connect the two poles together. I usually just make a loop: end of chain under the first pole - under the tractor- under the second pole and back over to the first pole and connect the chain to itself. Pull the chain tight and up against the back tires - having the tractor tire tred catching the chain if possible. Low gear, tractor will climb the chain out of the hole, poles will keep the chain from sinking too far in the mud.

Some places where it was real wet, I had to repeat it a few times until I got to solid ground. I've never tried it with a 4WD, I guess you could use two chains with a 4WD, one for the front tires and one for the back.

Your milesage may vary.

Thanks - I can understand what your saying but can't quite see how it would work. It would seem like it would just sink right back in again after it went over the chain?

Sometimes it does, you just have to keep repeating until you are on solid ground. If you had enough chains, I guess you could make sort of a ladder out of it, should work something like snowshoes.

Latest posts