Does any money change hands on the Super high $ bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

crimsoncrazy

Reaction score
Express Ranches just sold 2/3 interest on a bull for $130,000. I didnt catch who bought it but Sitz bought Lot 2 2/3 interest for $30,000.

That $$ is real money. It's highly illegal for it to not be real. If they can sell semen on the bull there is a revenue stream that can make that bull payback. If they pick the right one the pay off can be quite large.

Yes it is real money. Breeder A pays 100k for interest in Breeder B bull then breeder B turns around and pays 100k for interest in Breeder A bull

It is done all the time and anyone who doesn't believe it happens is either stupid or in denial

I am freinds with a few guys that have "sold" those high dollar bulls and it is a you scratch my back I scratch your back type of deal and every now and then a Sucker gets reeled in

Angus Cowman":1p968fcu said:
Yes it is real money. Breeder A pays 100k for interest in Breeder B bull then breeder B turns around and pays 100k for interest in Breeder A bull

It is done all the time and anyone who doesn't believe it happens is either stupid or in denial

I am freinds with a few guys that have "sold" those high dollar bulls and it is a you scratch my back I scratch your back type of deal and every now and then a Sucker gets reeled in

Very true, lot of ways to get that "pay back" on those high dollar bulls

Angus Cowman":11j0ffa7 said:

X2, I believe it's done all of the time and usually one of the first lots to go if not the first, it sets the tone for the auction.

I wonder how much of that is also marketing for the people who buy those bulls?

"We're selling semen from the $1,000,000 dollar bull from the XYZ Sale!!!"

Maybe people think "If they paid that much for him he's got to be good. I want some of those genetics for my herd."

your right to some extent on the 1st lots to sell.the last sale i went i went to i had a few lots i was going to bid on.so when those lots come in i bid them up to my max bid.i got the cow i wanted at the last sale i went to for less than my max bid.

The sales I go to seems like the first lot people are nervous to start the bidding and taking lot 1 fearing they will overpay, it seems like lots 2 and 3 seem to do the best, they like to stack the beginning of the sale while everyone still has all their money to spend, can us tally find a deal or two towards middle to end

Latest posts