Dodge Fusebox

Help Support CattleToday:

Cabo

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with a 2500 or 3500 diesel burning up the fuse panels? I got a 2008 3500 that has burned the second one in about 3 years. The one today almost caused the truck to burn. With no one in it, that might have been the best thing to happen to it.

I have a very helpful suggestion .... if you value your $ you work hard for sell the Dodge and buy a ford unless you just like wasting $ and have an endless supply.

Never heard of that problem me and my dad has had dodge diesels for the last 16 years or more and have never had that problem.

skyhightree1":1or7l3t5 said:
I have a very helpful suggestion .... if you value your $ you work hard for sell the Dodge and buy a ford unless you just like wasting $ and have an endless supply.
Yea sell the dodge buy a ford. That brilliant pay almost twice as much for half the truck.
You got a dead short somewhere . Elec shorts are hard to find. But I would think the first time it happened the short was not found.

Not just in the Diesels but all their trucks have had fuse box problems since probably around 2001 model year. Most of the time the tail lights and running lights stop working. Try to find an early to mid 2000 yr Dodge truck fuse box in the junk yards and you'll find they've all been pulled. Dodge truck...carry an extra fuse box!

skyhightree1":24bn0cs9 said:

Try telling that to someone like me, that has spent $15,000 on a 6.0 diesel w/ 70,000 miles on it in the last three months. I've got a Dodge with 95,000 miles never been touched..... :roll: B&G

I've put two in my 08 2500 too..
dodge calls it a TIPM-controls the electrical system-mine has a cm flatbed on it and I've read the extra lights draw more amps then it's rated for (15). Going to put a modelite relay on it so only going to pull signal from factory wire-if that doesn't work might just let it burn next time

Thanks for the replies. I too have a CM flatbed and the extra load on the box is probably causing the overheating. A relay should take care of it.

My 96 3500 has never had a problem! In fact, bought it new and have never done anything to it but tires and brakes. :D
Been a good truck! No need to replace it.

My 94 has been good except for the daytime running light relay, they don't like high power headlight bulbs.. neither does the headlight control knob.. Perhaps that is a problem for you too?
I found that the reverse lamp wire is FAR too small, especially if you have a flatdeck with floodlights, (I have that plus flood lamps on the trailer too). I tapped into the trailer power wire as a power source for a relay and it works great... I would guess the same goes for the brake and turn signal lights, which is why I went LED on all of them.

branguscowgirl... never having done anything to it is the reason you never had to do anything to it :p That's what I learnt!

Latest posts