DOC HARRIS - Stroke

Help Support CattleToday:

Hate to hear about your strokes, Doc. My prayers are for your speedy recovery. Looking forward to your future postings.

Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Now ... stop looking at all the posts and get some rest! Even though we'll miss ya for the time being!

DOC HARRIS":27wpfcma said:
two Strokes in the last three weeks - just in case anyone has wondered about my lack of communication on these posts.

And here I'd thought that you just got tired of all of us. :oops:

Prayers for you for a full recovery.

I enjoy your posts, they make very good reading.

Katherine

DOC HARRIS":166hhjzd said:
Having just read the post regarding the whereabouts of Knersie, I just thought that I would inform the Forum that I have had two Strokes in the last three weeks - just in case anyone has wondered about my lack of communication on these posts. I am -- alright --except I have a hard time focusing my eyes on things, and my tya[oing is not dfhppf! I will attempt to answer some posts if anyone is interested. Hopefully, I will 'normalize' eventually, but the Neuroligist says : "The two hours of MRI and tests says you are healthy as a horse, but we don't know why you are having all these symptoms! You may recover in a week, and it may take a month, and you may never return to what you have been!"

Really encouraging.

Anyway, that is why I haven't been posting lately. If anyone is interested. Any and ALL prayers will be APPRECIATED!

Thank you ALL!

DOC HARRIS

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery, Doc. And NO trips over Trail Ridge Drive this summer!

George

ArmyDoc":3tjjoltm said:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery - and certainly our prayers will be with you also. Did they give you any thing to prevent it from happening again?
ArmyDoc-

I had an appointment with the Neurologist today, and we viewed the results of the MRI's. He said that he and his staff have perused the two hours(!) of MRI's, and no one can detect the reason or cause of WHY this has occurred. I have an appointment Thursday AM with an Ophthalmologist who will look 'deep into my eyes' - (no, it isn't a lady, Gentlemen ;-) ), and hopefully can come up with definitive diagnosis and an approach to treatment which will at least alleviate the double vision, which is really aggravating! I am wearing an eye patch which I rotate from eye to eye occasionally to enable me to see only 60 or so computer keys instead of 120 plus! It is fascinating to see the convolutions of the brain and all of the blood supply therein, but that doesn't satisfy the requirements necessary to see straight, stand without staggering and watch one's wife drive your car - and keep your mouth shut at the same time!! " Oh, yes, Sweetheart, you are doing just fine!" :shock: 8) :nod: - as she drags me from Dr. to Dr. Thank God she loves me or I would be in bigger DOO-DOO than I am! :?

ArmyDoc, I am working to loose a little weight, lower my B/P slightly, and lower my Cholesterol just a tad. None of the above are even slightly high, but something is causing the trouble, and so I am trying to approach the problem with common sense and practical reason, doing my best to balance out all contingencies and restore my health. I am on one adult Aspirin per day, Lisinopril, and Pravastatin - rather conservative approach. The Ophthomological Exam is the one I am anticipating might hold some promisel

I thank everyone of my friends for their prayers and well wishes. God Bless you all!

DOC HARRIS

Get well Doc. You have a lot of knowledge to share with the cattle industry. We're praying for ya'.

TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS ON CATTLETODAY-

I thank you ALL for your Prayers and good wishes! Your responses have overwhelmed me - totally! God Bless you all! It is important that any person must be "One" with his fellow citizens of the World, and you all have certainly proved that axiom to be factual. The prayers from you all have been 'felt and sensed' by both myself and Ruthie, literally, in that the Eight Doctors who have been involved in this episode tell me that there is NO testing evidence AT ALL for this occurring! My general health is supurb, for 83 years of age, and I am taking precautions to improve it even more - a little weight loss, lower my LDL a little, level out my blood pressure - a little bit - and giving serious thought to consider stopping chasing girls! - - No - - - - I will put that last on a side burner for the time being!

My Ophthalmologist told me today that it is EXACTLY a paralysis of the 6th Cranial Nerve (the Abducens) which dictates the lateral movement of the right eye (in my case). That is why I am seeing double images. So I am wearing a Pirates Eye Patch, going arond hollering "Avast me Hearties, :devil2: Walk the Plank, Yo Ho Ho, :lol2: ( and sometinng about Rum :drink: ), Raise the Jolly Roger :welcome: " and all such mandatory rhetoric attributed to Pirates and Scurvy of the Seven Seas :tiphat: .

There are no more caring people than those who are closely associated with Agriculture and the basic elements there-in - Plants, Animals and People!

Thank you!!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":14vttkxk said:
TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS ON CATTLETODAY-

I thank you ALL for your Prayers and good wishes! Your responses have overwhelmed me - totally! God Bless you all! It is important that any person must be "One" with his fellow citizens of the World, and you all have certainly proved that axiom to be factual. The prayers from you all have been 'felt and sensed' by both myself and Ruthie, literally, in that the Eight Doctors who have been involved in this episode tell me that there is NO testing evidence AT ALL for this occurring! My general health is supurb, for 83 years of age, and I am taking precautions to improve it even more - a little weight loss, lower my LDL a little, level out my blood pressure - a little bit - and giving serious thought to consider stopping chasing girls! - - No - - - - I will put that last on a side burner for the time being!

My Ophthalmologist told me today that it is EXACTLY a paralysis of the 6th Cranial Nerve (the Abducens) which dictates the lateral movement of the right eye (in my case). That is why I am seeing double images. So I am wearing a Pirates Eye Patch, going arond hollering "Avast me Hearties, :devil2: Walk the Plank, Yo Ho Ho, :lol2: ( and sometinng about Rum :drink: ), Raise the Jolly Roger :welcome: " and all such mandatory rhetoric attributed to Pirates and Scurvy of the Seven Seas :tiphat: .

There are no more caring people than those who are closely associated with Agriculture and the basic elements there-in - Plants, Animals and People!

Thank you!!

DOC HARRIS

Lets see now, 83 years old, two strokes, can't see to well, and still thinking about women, way to go Doc. :)

You're welcome Doc. glad to hear things are 'okay'.

If you're anything like my mother who is 80 going on 35, and you certainly sound like it, you'll be around for quite a while yet.

I hope to have half the energy when I am 60 that my mom has at 80!

Katherine