Do you think he is worth it?

Help Support CattleToday:

I once recieved a bull catalog that had a double page spread in the center advertising registered Red Anus bulls in big red lettering. I bet we could use your bull over angus cows and then follow that cross with a red anus and get some pretty good calves with alot of hybrid vigor. Horns shouldn't be a problem as your bull says he's polled but I don't know what we'll have to do to give the calves a black a$$. Red anus sounded pretty dominant the way I was reading it.

cow pollinater":13rwbraj said:
I once recieved a bull catalog that had a double page spread in the center advertising registered Red Anus bulls in big red lettering. I bet we could use your bull over angus cows and then follow that cross with a red anus and get some pretty good calves with alot of hybrid vigor. Horns shouldn't be a problem as your bull says he's polled but I don't know what we'll have to do to give the calves a black a$$. Red anus sounded pretty dominant the way I was reading it.

:lol2: :lol2:

Angas make great bulls, and you would be stupid to pass him up!
I should know i'm a expert on angas breeds!
:lol2:

Old_man_emu":3jgym7w7 said:
djinwa":3jgym7w7 said:
Lots of good deals out there if you keep your eyes open - here's a dairy herd starter.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/3450947355.html
Maybe I could use him in rotation with the Angas bull and cow pollinators Red Anus bull and breed black and white cows with red baboon butts! I can see the :2cents: now!
The breed of the future!!

Only meat value! You should never compromise on your herd sires & this one is no sire. For one I'm sure your aware but it ain't no Angus (so he could be anything) & 2 the bull cuts up a lot in his flank and lacks depth. Very front heavy like a bison.

Being a fellow seedstock producer it pains me that cattle producers want dirt cheap bulls & in this case even willing to buy second hand bulls. Producers are inhibiting their herds progression & potential profitability! That's my winge!

Taurus":27yppxp6 said:
Um I don't see anything that says he is a registered, just come from a registered breeder.
I like how the add states he is polled but clearly has horn scurs and it says he is from a registered breeder!
I can't find where anyone said that he is registered.

AussieLim":2qlbdfur said:
Only meat value! You should never compromise on your herd sires & this one is no sire. For one I'm sure your aware but it ain't no Angus (so he could be anything) & 2 the bull cuts up a lot in his flank and lacks depth. Very front heavy like a bison.

Being a fellow seedstock producer it pains me that cattle producers want dirt cheap bulls & in this case even willing to buy second hand bulls. Producers are inhibiting their herds progression & potential profitability! That's my winge!
Sorry I should have been more clear, this was not a serious post.
The last 3 bulls we have had here have cost us $16000 in total, were not against paying good money. I sold one of those bulls as a 5 y/o and had offer as low as $1000 for him, he was worth more in meat money.
As for the bull in question here, if he weighs in at 900kg at $1/kg he is still worth more than the asking price! I sold a bull 2 weeks ago that made $1.65 or $1175, not bad for a bull that I raised from a PTIC purchase from a stud breeder.

Excellent- you sound like a sensible bloke OM Emu! Was a good discussion anyway. Still pains me that producers will still take a risk on a bull like this & wonder when things go wrong. I'm in SA mate! I see ur from NSW!

Latest posts