Do you pick up pennies off the ground?

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you make the effort to pick up a penny off the ground?

• Yes

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I squat for nothing less then a dime

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • For a dollar I will

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
TexasBred":3keioq8p said:
Dave":3keioq8p said:
I pick up any money I find laying on the ground be it a penny or a twenty dollar bill. I have noticed over the years that I find more pennys than I do twenty dollar bills.
Was in Brazil a few years ago and noticed silver looking small coins in the streets...picked up a pocket full and gave them to a hungry looking little boy and he just threw them back down. Found out it would have taken a dump truck load of them to buy a biscuit. About the same with teh paper money.....periodically they would just knock 3 zeroes off it so a $10,000 bill became a $10.

Was just a preview. Coming soon to a nation near you, if we are not rid of the whitehousetrash

Unless there is a crowd where someone would trip over me if I stopped and stooped down, I always pick up change off the ground.

We save change and it adds up. Pocket change bought our brush hog. Now the air compresser has shot craps and the change, egg money and can money is gonna replace it.

my brother used to hit all the pay phones...he made a killin offa them..our first trip to disney as kids..he finds a 20..back in the 70's that was actually worth something.
he still finding money..not in the same way..more like in a personal way..him and my mom..me and my dad..not so much

gary

A penny on tails does not bother me. I pick them all up. Heck, a black cat had to be some color. Also how could a rabbits foot be lucky when the rabbit lost it? Anyone in here ever seen a smiling three legged rabbit?

Circle H Ranch

Bad luck is only attribuated to a black cat crossing your path if you saw it crossing. If it happened to cross when your eyes were somehere else any bad luck would just be attributed to "just how things are"

dun":17s0jhpy said:
Bad luck is only attribuated to a black cat crossing your path if you saw it crossing. If it happened to cross when your eyes were somehere else any bad luck would just be attributed to "just how things are"
you know better than that, its always someone elses fault

VanC":100lc3iq said:
ALACOWMAN":100lc3iq said:
i still aint recovered from a 20 i lost years ago

Did it have a picture of Andrew Jackson on the front and the White House on the back? I may have found it.
sounds like it,, i have all the serial numbers on a list at home, of every dollar ive made...... i'll have to get back to you...

Here is the poem I learned as a child and STILL recite to myself when I find a penny:

"Find a penny, pick it up,
And all day long you'll have good luck.

Give the penny to a friend,
And the luck of the penny will never end!"

That little poem taught me both thriftiness and sharing.

Thought of this thread yesterday as I waited patiently behind a woman buying groceries with her EBT card and lottery tickets with her cash. Undoubtedly deciding which tickets for her to buy was a life's decision and took great thought on her part. When she went to pay for the tickets she spilled some change on the ground and quickly said she wasn't gonna pick that up so I waited till she left and collected some of my money back. $0.45! I'll be sending her some more next month so no worries.

I pick them all up, even the dirty ones. The new pennies only have a thin layer of copper and get tore up pretty bad in parking lots after they get run over a few times. I should probably start saving the pre-1982 pennies for the copper since they have .02$ worth of copper. I also pick up Coke caps to get the Coke rewards, mainly cash them in for free Powerades.

ALACOWMAN":3vpo0rcs said:
dun":3vpo0rcs said:
you know better than that, its always someone elses fault

Yep--and we know whose fault everything is too--reminded of it every week.

Latest posts