Do you pick up pennies off the ground?

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you make the effort to pick up a penny off the ground?

• Yes

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I squat for nothing less then a dime

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • For a dollar I will

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Heads up, it's mine. Tails up, I leave it lay. Karma has blessed me using this strategy, but who knows what would have happened if I picked up the others?

My dad bought a brand new plain Jane 1971 pickup with saved pocket change years ago.

Double E":jljwklum said:
Heads up, it's mine. Tails up, I leave it lay. Karma has blessed me using this strategy, but who knows what would have happened if I picked up the others?
You would have had twice as much money, wtf does tails have to do with it? Tell you what, send me all your money that has tails on it. :lol:

Jogeephus":1e1f4fum said:
You can't argue with that. Picking up deer sheds in the hayfield is even more lucrative.

You are darn right. This one cost me $165. I'll pickup pennies and sheds - if I see them. Saw this one too late.

2012_05_24_Tire_with_antlers.jpg

Heads up pennies are supposed to be good luck, tails up is supposed to bring bad luck. Kind of silly, I know.

When I get pennys in change I just toss them on the floorboards of the truck. When I get rid of the truck I'll usually have between 5-10 dollars in pennys

Double E":13815j2j said:
Heads up pennies are supposed to be good luck, tails up is supposed to bring bad luck. Kind of silly, I know.

Tails will also give you warts if the penny was used to remove one. When your rub the wart with the penny then toss it over your shoulder when someone picks it up on tails they get the wart and yours goes away that day. Heads it just goes away. This is according to Queen Ester and she knows.

SA was using British currency years back and I can remember my gran telling me that the Penny was good luck. She would toss them and send a silent wish to whoever picked them up. She would also pick up a penny if she came across one, grin and tell me that she would be lucky that day - I dunno :?

I pick up any money I find laying on the ground be it a penny or a twenty dollar bill. I have noticed over the years that I find more pennys than I do twenty dollar bills.

Dave":3ga0ejtx said:
I pick up any money I find laying on the ground be it a penny or a twenty dollar bill. I have noticed over the years that I find more pennys than I do twenty dollar bills.
Was in Brazil a few years ago and noticed silver looking small coins in the streets...picked up a pocket full and gave them to a hungry looking little boy and he just threw them back down. Found out it would have taken a dump truck load of them to buy a biscuit. About the same with teh paper money.....periodically they would just knock 3 zeroes off it so a $10,000 bill became a $10.

My kids beat me to it. Penny or 20.dead eye will look underneath vending machines. when we were in upstate NY a few years back we had to use a laundromat in a small town. He ran around looking and came back with 6 bucks in quarters from underneath the machines :shock:

hooknline":gepskq44 said:
My kids beat me to it. Penny or 20.dead eye will look underneath vending machines. when we were in upstate NY a few years back we had to use a laundromat in a small town. He ran around looking and came back with 6 bucks in quarters from underneath the machines :shock:
apparently no mezcans in that area

Not in upstate NY. Had its fair share of white trash though. Sad thing is they were family members.

My self? na -- my wife, you bet and will almost always say, "a penny for your thoughts" Sometimes I make her smile and sometimes, what thought???? :) ;-) :lol:

Latest posts