Do you keep farm "cleaned up?"

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan":tua00wgt said:
I'm very anti-dump myself. I don't want the woods and sinkholes full of appliances and tin cans, or a field sitting full of old equipment. We never did that. There is a guy who owns a dairy a mile or so from me. He's apparently done well. He has three big tractors and a very nice, brick house that puts mine to shame. Then, right across the road, he has parked every piece of retired equipment known to man. There has to be at least 50 big items.

For some it seems that represents their life savings. Old equip. and every old car they ever owned. ;-)

TexasBred":1w3z6zri said:
For some it seems that represents their life savings. Old equip. and every old car they ever owned. ;-)

Isn't that the truth, pretty sure iron is my grandparents savings account.

Brute 23":2ehmqe6h said:
I am not saying that as a judgement against any one. It doesn't make a flip to me what people do with their place... thats why they call it their place. ;-)

In my business I give estimates or bid on jobs regularly so that tends to be how I look at things. One of the factors I take in to account in pricing is what kind of business they will be to work with. In my limited experience... if I go to a run down ranch, O&G well, or any other place of business and things are sloppy that says some thing about how they choose to operate a lot of the time... not all the time... but a lot of the time. Its usualy not positive.

My tax appraiser thinks just like you do. I cleaned up a place I bought and the valuation went up $200K. Never again.

backhoeboogie":2ero9i5y said:
Brute 23":2ero9i5y said:
I am not saying that as a judgement against any one. It doesn't make a flip to me what people do with their place... thats why they call it their place. ;-)

In my business I give estimates or bid on jobs regularly so that tends to be how I look at things. One of the factors I take in to account in pricing is what kind of business they will be to work with. In my limited experience... if I go to a run down ranch, O&G well, or any other place of business and things are sloppy that says some thing about how they choose to operate a lot of the time... not all the time... but a lot of the time. Its usualy not positive.

My tax appraiser thinks just like you do. I cleaned up a place I bought and the valuation went up $200K. Never again.

Sounds like central appraisal needs some real appraisers. One of the two appraisals were worthless. No farm exemption ??

backhoeboogie":2hfhi5m8 said:
Brute 23":2hfhi5m8 said:

Thinks like me.... How do I think? Im not making any connection between your example and what I said.

I will tell you this. Around here I will haul something off and it seems like within a week I or somebody else will need something off of it.

Latest posts