Do Brahman Cattle Moo?

Help Support CattleToday:

randomuser2

Reaction score
By brahman cattle, I mean the humped cattle.
911.jpg

I keep getting conflicting sources on whether they moo or not. Some say they do, others say that this particular breed does not and instead grunts.
Does this breed of cattle moo?
Can an owner of this breed settle the question?

Yes they do "moo" but they have a distinctive bellow. They are easy to distinct out in the paddock which breed is actually bellowing. Our South Devons bellow just like any cow whereas our brahman or cross cattle revert to the deeper sounding Brahman bellow. Bulls do tend to grunt. Lesser Brahman content cattle sound just like British or Euro.

they do have a distinct sound,, once mine were in the side shed, me and some roping buddies were beside em in the main barn.. and one let out a bellow , scared the he%$ out of em... they thought it was a lion :cowboy:

Australian":2m7e8nb0 said:
Yes they do "moo" but they have a distinctive bellow. They are easy to distinct out in the paddock which breed is actually bellowing. Our South Devons bellow just like any cow whereas our brahman or cross cattle revert to the deeper sounding Brahman bellow. Bulls do tend to grunt. Lesser Brahman content cattle sound just like British or Euro.
makes em sound like they have a breathing problem....

ALACOWMAN":3ctgro9o said:
they do have a distinct sound,, once mine were in the side shed, me and some roping buddies were beside em in the main barn.. and one let out a bellow , scared the he%$ out of em... they thought it was a loin :cowboy:
Depending on where it came from I'd eat the loin.

hooknline":18gkardz said:
ALACOWMAN":18gkardz said:
they do have a distinct sound,, once mine were in the side shed, me and some roping buddies were beside em in the main barn.. and one let out a bellow , scared the he%$ out of em... they thought it was a lion :cowboy:
Depending on where it came from I'd eat the loin.
more of my illiteracy at play :cowboy:

I do love the sound of straight brahman moos. When I'm at the sale barn and hear it I alwasy have to beat feet and go look to see if maybe it's a lovely red purebred heifer that I could take home.

Is there a sound of Brahman Cattle bellowing on the internet? I've searched all over and I couldn't really find any.

Latest posts