Dinner

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Last Friday I was fortunate enough to have dinner with Milkmaid. It was certainly the highlight of my week. Those of us who have been on CT for some years have got to watch her grow from a high school kid who came on here with a lot of questions to a lovely lady who is about to graduate from vet school. It is great when you witness a young person who has a goal in life and goes out and works to accomplish that goal. She just spent the last month interning at a horse clinic south of me. And now she is on her way to Seattle to spend a couple weeks neutering dogs and cats. Then back to WSU to graduate. Someone somewhere is about to get a new cow vet and they will be awfully lucky.

Thanks for the update Dave on Milkmaid. We're lucky to have her input on CT. And hopefully she will continue helping us along.

Thanks for the update. It is good to see someone who puts the effort into something succeed like she has. Congrats Claire!

highgrit":13b0yzd5 said:
Thanks for the update Dave on Milkmaid. We're lucky to have her input on CT. And hopefully she will continue helping us along.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I, too have enjoyed "watching" her grow up. I agree, someone out there will be getting themselves a good vet!

If Milkmaid ever finds herself in Va. look me up, we'll feed you a decent meal. :)

I havent been here long enough to see here grow up but i can tell she knows her stuff. Early congratulations to you mm.

Back in February I received a PM from MM. She was looking for a place to stay while she did this internship. She had asked Alan and he sent her to me. It was a ways south of me and sort of out of my area. Well I thought of a lady I barely know who lives down there. I put the two of them together and let them work it out. Friday at the restaurant I asked them how it worked out. They both nodded and said fine. Well today I got a very nice email from the lady MM stayed with. She said that when MM left this morning to go up to Seattle they were both crying. I guess it worked out for the two of them. So MM if you read this I am glad I could be of assistance.

I'm newer here and have noticed many of her posts and she knows her stuff.....honestly I had the impression that she was a much older been in it for 50 years kinda person. That goes to show the amount of knowledge she has learned in a short time and has a giant future. Well done and good luck!!

I'm glad things worked out for Claire with a place to stay, I tried a few places but I know no one in that area. I was hoping to see her while she was so close but it seems our schedules seem to change a bit. I would have loved to meet her :frowns: :frowns: , we have sent several pm's to each other over the years.... I know she is on her way to Seattle now, I should have reached out more, my loss. Good young lady.

Alan":3agf50zp said:
I'm glad things worked out for Claire with a place to stay, I tried a few places but I know no one in that area. I was hoping to see her while she was so close but it seems our schedules seem to change a bit. I would have loved to meet her :frowns: :frowns: , we have sent several pm's to each other over the years.... I know she is on her way to Seattle now, I should have reached out more, my loss. Good young lady.

Alan, you really missed out but your loss was my gain. I am glad that you sent her to me. And you will have talked to the lady she stayed with. I will send you a PM to tell you who it was.

I almost got MM to come to Alberta to do a few weeks internship but someone else snatched her up instead. I still plan on meeting her in person someday soon.

Whatever area gets her is truly blessed. She already is a h#ll of a cattle woman so imagine what she will become with 10 years of hardened experience as a veterinarian under her belt.

The livestock industry needs more like her!

Glad that you got to spend time with her Dave. :tiphat:

She's certainly an asset here at CT, and I always enjoy reading her informative posts and threads.
I hope, when she gets settled into her practice after all the years of hard work she's done in school, and she begins making her living off that effort, she don't forget us peons. ;-)

Good luck to you MM!!

I hope Alan and Dave didn't turn her into a Duck's fan..... :hide:

My vet is not to far from retirement going to need a good vet around here. Glad you had a good time Dave. I have only met one person off of here had a good time hanging out with them at a Beefmaster sale in Oklahoma.

Latest posts