diesel fuel conspiracy?

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy+":14enuo1n said:
Crowderfarms":14enuo1n said:
Allright, Let's get this straight. You want to "Branch Out" the B&B, here to Tennessee.Is this an oppotunity for employment for me? To talk for hours to the Snowbirds? I'll have to pass. I hardly have enough time to talk to myself. As far as any available land, that's out of the question. BUT, I will pass the idea around at our next "Community" meeting we have. Just dont get your hopes up.With all the Crackers moving out of Fl., you should have no problem with bookings. What you ought to be doing is getting some of your snowbirds to buy D.R.'s place and get him out of that "Can State"

Employment opportunity? Heck no, the birds just want to hinder your progress by making suggestions and giving advice. They actually think you should pay them for their wealth of knowledge. As far as D.R. goes, I'm sure he can handle the "Cans" as he is a good ol cracker.

If they keep putting more and more yanks in local government in my area, I may have to move out myself or end up in jail. At least they have put a 5 acre restriction for building on in my area. They say "we want to maintain the agricultural environment in that area". Yeah sure and then they say you have to have a fence permit. I just laugh at them.

Most of us don't pay any attention to their "new ordinances". If they come around we just drive off to the back of a pasture and they won't follow because they are scared of those wild animals out there.:lol:
Before you end up in the gray bar hotel call a Realty Agency. face it, you are outnumbered.

Hey D.R., we tried the NC route for about 18 months in the mid nineties. Taxes are smaller, but more prolific. They tax everything, coming and going. They too are being inundated with outsiders. Have seen a lot of Floridians move up and then return.
We lived in Sarasota for 25 years, now we're about 20 miles inland. Still rural but not for long. Major ranches (3000+ acres) are selling out and being replaced with 5-10 acre homesites.

Maybe I'll be senile enough, soon enough, not to care. It's still a great place to live, but check back after Wilma :help:

myakka145":3a81uxuf said:
Hey D.R., we tried the NC route for about 18 months in the mid nineties. Taxes are smaller, but more prolific. They tax everything, coming and going. They too are being inundated with outsiders. Have seen a lot of Floridians move up and then return.
We lived in Sarasota for 25 years, now we're about 20 miles inland. Still rural but not for long. Major ranches (3000+ acres) are selling out and being replaced with 5-10 acre homesites.

Maybe I'll be senile enough, soon enough, not to care. It's still a great place to live, but check back after Wilma :help:

Myakka145, Panther Ridge should by at your front door very soon.

Chris

Chris

I'm 17 miles from Panther Ridge! Probably be next week before they get here at the rate they are building :D

You seem familiar with the area. Any connections?

myakka145":1s1rgp2r said:

Chris

I'm 17 miles from Panther Ridge! Probably be next week before they get here at the rate they are building :D

You seem familiar with the area. Any connections?

Born in Sarasota County and lived there until I moved over to Gardner five years ago. Worked for the Fire Dept. there until I retired this last April.

Chris

Good timing to get out of Sarasota! We came out here to build for retirement. Two and a half years to go :)

Drive to Clearwater for job. 73 miles one way. Gas is killing me.
Traded my 3/4 ton for a Nissan toy truck and still only average about 19 mpg. Have to try the four wheeler next.

Hope you enjoy OK! :D

Latest posts